1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Migraine

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Gina B, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Been in and out of it for almost two weeks now. It wasn't too bad at first, but now it's getting to where the pain is worse and the lulls are shorter, rendering me pretty useless.
    Haven't worked in a couple weeks.
    It's really ticking me off...and today I have hiccups. Doesn't sound like that big of a deal, but if you've ever had a true migraine, I'm sure you understand how something that simple puts it over the edge. Pain is confusing me enough to make me just want to quit breathing so it stops.

2. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

ugh! Praying for you!

I had one like that a couple of summers ago. ugh again.

3. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

As a fellow migraine sufferer, I sympathize!! Praying for you, Gina.

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Thank you. I've got a nice lull going on, hope it lasts! It's been about 45 minutes. :godisgood:

5. Anastasia

Anastasia New Member

Praying! I recently learned that some sounds can trigger migraines as well as foods, flashing lights, changes in caffeine intake and sleep.

6. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Thank you so much. It's stayed in the background, am praying it doesn't crop back up. Hiccups are still going strong no matter what I try. Weird, seems to be happening a lot lately.

7. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

It hasn't come back. Thank you SO much for your prayers! I feel as if that's what stopped it. What better friends can someone have than those that pray? Thank you for being friends.

8. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Praise God Gina!

9. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

So glad, Gina!!!

10. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Rejoicing with you, Gina! So glad that friends have been here for you! Others are praying with empathy for you! I am rejoicing with and pray that your nagging drive-you-crazy hiccups will go away too! :1_grouphug::praying:

P. S. I have used a piece of candy to remedy my hiccups...it works every time...
    It works and taste good too!!!

11. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Bumping this back up. We have a weather front moving in and on Friday, I was at work when a migraine started hitting full force. I tried to stick it out, but only made it from 8:15 until 1pm, then left in tears. I've never had to leave this particular job before, and it was made worse when I was standing there trying not to puke, in tears, wanting to leave while the desk lady docked me for half a day when I only had 2 1/2 hours left on the job. That really makes me not want to go in early and leave late on my own time like I do every single work day. Argh! I felt bad enough changing things up in a special ed class, the kiddos don't handle change well.

Ended up in the ER throwing up blood, tube down my nose and into my stomach for a belly wash, IV to get me rehydrated and morphine, which didn't quite do the job but it helped. I'm very claustrophobic so while I didn't flinch when they put the tube in my stomach, when I went to swallow, I flipped out and threatened to rip the tube out. Now I'm home and where the tube hit scar tissue in my throat, it's swollen up so I'm flipping out again because I can feel it pretty rough when I swallow, have to keep putting my head back. Just took meds to reduce swelling and sedatives to calm down since not being able to breathe right is very traumatic for me.
    I was dumb enough to go to dress rehearsal at church while coming off of morphine and after that tube, so singing may have helped trigger the swelling and I almost tripped when walking during part of the play. (odd feeling to have morphine still in your system and be playing the part of a cloud, lol!)
    Everything just hurts. My ribs are super sore from throwing up and of course my CRP level is still through the roof.
    This comes exactly seven days after spraining my arm and having a metal brace on for that and torn tendons. I was supposed to follow up with a sports doctor but didn't, too much other stuff going on and to top it off, a cavity between my front two teeth went insane and I've got to wait until Tuesday to go in.

Just a mess right now with everything, could really use the help of the prayers of my brothers and sisters right now. This week (actually the last few weeks) have been pretty traumatic for a number of reasons.

12. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm praying that the LORD give you peace in your body and that He deliver you from this affliction.

13. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Praying..I too am going through a slew of medical issues lately and migranes are there for me too, I'm headin to the ER for my back in a couple of hours when my wife wakes up, but I cannot imagine what you are going through. Hang in there we are all praying. God Bless.

14. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

This morning, when you go to church, ask an elder to lay his hands on and command that thing leave!

#14 plain_n_simple, Dec 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2011
  15. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

plain and simple, I do need to do this. I've held off because they do it in front of the whole church and I don't like looking like a spectacle, but I'll ask if they'll do it with just my husband present. (and starting not to care anyhow, so long as they do it.)

16. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

praying here Gina

17. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Oh honey!! I'm praying for you!! I'm going for an MRI tomorrow for my migraines because they were just getting so bad. Last month I had 5 days migraine free. That's it. When I started basing what I was doing with my hair based on my head pain, I figured it was time to go to the doctor. Right now I'm on Flexoril which is really actually helping along with an NSAID that I take twice a day and I've been pain free since Tuesday. It feels SO good!!

There's another woman at our church who also suffers from migraines and I told her how I have taken to wearing scarves to keep my neck warm. She gave me a handmade scarf today at church!! What a sweetheart!! I love it and will wear it today since it's really chilly outside. :)

I can't believe so many of us suffer from migraines!! That stinks!

18. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

Migraines are such a difficult trial to bear...praying for you, Gina! I have them too, as well as asthma. Horrible stuff to deal with. Praying for peace, comfort, and most of all relief from the pain!

19. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm on Maxalt for migraines. My neurologist and I tried to change my meds to Topomax last year, but my reaction to the new drug literally almost killed me (long story....won't bore you).

There are many of us here who suffer from migraines.

Gina - we are all praying for you.

20. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I had a similar experience with a migraine med Scarlett, woke up not breathing and too tired to try until I remembered I had kids and that I had to try as hard as I could. So typically I'm scared of any meds after that, doctors don't get it, even when I broke my arm I refused medication, so for me to ask for meds last night meant unbearable...

I'm sorry other people here have this. It's like a slow motion horror film. I want to move so bad since I didn't have these when I lived in Oregon, not like this anyhow, but did in Ohio and this is starting to get similar in being more frequent and debilitating.

We did the thing with the elders and anointing with oil tonight. I have a lot more faith in that than in meds and should've started with that, but didn't know they did it until recently. Still, should have done it as soon as I knew. I really hope God does have healing in store for me, and soon.