1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mike Hamilton is gone!

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Bob Alkire, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

He was a dead man walking since the fiasco after the SEC tournament. The baseball coach telling KNS editor John Adams that he hadn't talked to Hamilton in four months also was very telling.

Crabtree made it clear that the basketball hiring was collaborative. So, it was only a matter of time. This was expected for this week as a way for Hamilton to go before the COI and say "I lost my job because of this....have mercy."

It also is reflective of what happened at Ohio State. Crabtree, Simek, and others started paying attention.

Hamilton is a good Christian man who is involved in annual mission trips at his church. That said, he just wasn't ready to head up an enterprise like the UT athletic department.

An interim will be named in a few days. Could be Condredge Holloway or Phil Fulmer. Along with those two, Ernie Grunfeld, and Senator Lamar Alexander have all been mentioned as possible permanent replacements.

#2 TomVols, Jun 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2011
  3. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Which one could pull in the most money? I don't know but off the cuff, I would say Fulmer or Alexander.

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Nix Alexander.

Add Kentucky AD Mitch Barnhardt (He served at UT as an assistant AD); Candidates for interim and permanent: David Blackburn, assistant AD at UT for 20yrs, presently works with compliance and his work was praised in the wake of all the mess; Chris Fuller, asst AD at UT.

I know Blackburn and he could be a good hire. Barnhardt may or may not be. UK almost lynched him over the Billy Gillespie hire and how he has a penchant for ignoring boosters. You can't do that at UT.

5. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I was asking about the money because I was reading the UT has about 9 million buy out and it said Hamilton would also have a buy out.

As I said I happy for you guys. I like all SEC teams to be at there top. I would be happy if all were at their top and a three or four loss team would win the SEC, I know there wouldn't be any chance at the national title as it is today with out a play off of some type.

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Right now, UT is paying over 10 million for people NOT to lead athletic programs there. Ironically enough, Hamilton gets 1.3 million fish or so to leave in making the poor decisions which lead to these payouts to the coaches who were terminated or resigned.