1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mike Huckabee and Christian Duty

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Mike Huckabee said last Sunday on Meet the Press that his faith was important to him and that it drove his views on everything from the environment to poverty to disease and to hunger. Huckabee then went on to say that he thought the Republican Party needed to take a greater leadership role on these sorts of issues and that, as a Christian, he wanted to make sure that Republicans spoke out more on these issues
    Excellent. As a Christian Republican myself, I will express support for protecting God's Creation, fighting sickness, and ending hunger. All are profoundly Christian ideals. But Mike Huckabee, as a Christian, is not really talking about protecting Creation, fighting sickness or ending hunger. Mike is talking about using the coercive power of government to force other people to pay taxes and to comply with onerous and arbitrary laws to do what Mike thinks, as a Christian, he should be doing.

That is the salient fact: as a Christian, Huckabee can be a witness to Christian behavior; he can exhort others to themselves become a witness to Christian behavior; but he cannot demand the enslavement of others to do those things which, as a Christian, he feels that he should do. The term "enslavement," of course, is relative. Americans are comparatively free. But everything that Huckabee feels government should do requires a loss of freedom for every American. Moreover, Huckabee is not just asking for the greater enslavement of Christian Americans, but he is asking for the greater enslavement of all Americans. This is most un-Christian. Does my verdict sound extreme? Substitute "Rome" for "America" and substitute "publican" for "tax dollars."

http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/01/mike_huckabee_and_christian_du.html

2. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

We kinda figured that one out here in Arkansas.

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Does Christian duty call for selling out your country in Arkansas Petra? That's exactly what Mr. Huckabbe will do if elected if he goes on listening to his foreign policy advisor (Richard Hass) who believes national soverignty is an outdated concept and the North American Union is the greatest thing since sliced bread..

Just curious.

4. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Hi Poncho. I am sorry that my response appeared to be putting Huckabbe in a positive light. I should have added something more to my reply.
    It does disturb me that Huckabee has used Arkansas taxpayer money as if it were his own. I honestly don't believe Huck will do away with the IRS. One thing you can count on is that there will continually be just as much taxation without representation with TAX HIKE MIKE.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I knew you didn't intend on putting Mike in a positive light. You have Christian principles you live by my friend where NWO Mike only uses them to his political advantage by pouring honey into itching ears. Sadly most Christians today seem to be satified with that kind of treatment.

#5 poncho, Jan 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2008