1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mike Huckabee Defends Senator Obama AND Pastor Wright

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Mar 21, 2008.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Good luck getting Steaver to see this FACT!

I was saved at a church where Steaver would fit right in. You should see their pitiful congregation now.

2. sag38

sag38 Active Member

And to think I voted for Huck. Now he's dribbling out the typical liberal dribble about race relations in this country.

3. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Scripture please.

Amen!

Yes, here is the scripture you base this opinion on....

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word as you see it; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth as you see it.

Hbr 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, [even] those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil as they see it.

How do you see this word Le.....

Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all [these things] must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

"As you see it" does this mean "be troubled" about wars and rumours of wars?

God Bless! :thumbs:

4. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If you were saved there they must have been preaching the word. Would I fit right in because they are following this version.....

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

or are they following this version....

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word as you see it; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

God Bless! :thumbs:

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Your changing of the verses is further support for what I said. I will agree there are some things that are just not biblically correct in the Christian faith. I had one preacher who didn't believe Jesus was the Son of God. Clearly he was wrong and was never allowed to preach so he moved on.

Rev. Wright likewise had many of these non-truth's like when he said HIV was invented by America to kill the black man and "Here you are living in a country and want God to damn the country in which you live". However, these things are not Biblical, they were his opinion and more covered by freedom of speech.

My statement "correct, truth as they see the truth" is more supported by the fact that we have some calvinist here and others who are not. I know all of us preach the Gospel as we believe and understand it to be true no matter which of those catagories you fit in. No one would get up on the pulpit on Sunday and preach something he doesn't believe.

Keep in mind truth is often relative to understanding. For many years man believed the earth was flat and you'd fall off the edge if you went to far. We now know this to not be true because we have a different perspective. I have changed many of my Biblical views as time gave me different perspectives. Does that mean I was previously lying?

#25 LeBuick, Mar 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2008