1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mike Wallace Interviews Iranian President

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by JFox1, Aug 10, 2006.

1. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

Mike Wallace of 60 Minutes interviewed the President of Iran on Tuesday. He sure sounded very friendly with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Hmmmm:

Of Ahmadinejad, Wallace said, "He's an impressive fellow, this guy. He really is. He's obviously smart as hell."
    Wallace said he was surprised to find that the Iranian president was still a college professor who taught a graduate-level course.
    "You'll find him an interesting man," he said. "I expected more of a firebrand. I don't think he has the slightest doubt about how he feels about the American administration and the Zionist state. He comes across as more rational than I had expected."

Uh, Mike. That country's proper name is ISRAEL, not "Zionist state"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=526479

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So Mike Wallace supports a guy who has claimed that hitler and the Jewish encampments never happened. What a way to lose credibility.

No slant there though.:laugh:

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I haven't read where Mike Wallace supports Ahmadinejad.

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is a type of support.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wouldn't describe it as support but I can see why some folks might.

6. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Sounds more like irrational exuberance.

7. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

How is it, that just because he thinks he is smart and all, that makes him a "supporter"?

Can't an evil man be smart?

Does everyone that is "smart" have to agree with the USA and the rest of the World to qualify?

I am not saying I like the man, or hate the man, but I would presume that Mike Wallace is a qualified, balanced reporter that would know a smart man when he met him...

I think sometime, we take the disgust and dislike for someone and run with it too hard. Just because we dislike him, that doesn't discredit the man on whether he's smart or not...

Just my opinion...

Jamie

8. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Saying "Zionist State" can be quite inflammatory, and I must say it doesn't sit well with me. That doesn't mean he supports Iran, but it may show bias against the state of Israel.

Wikipedia says he had Russian-Jewish parents. Interesting.

9. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

We need to be careful not to make devils of our enemies. It was a miscalculation like that, which got us mired in Iraq.

A hard-eyed, calculated assessment of enemies makes it easier to deal with them.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From what little of it I could stand to watch, it appeared to be more of an Iranian commercial than an interview.

The nut from Iran was controlling the "interview".

Wallace was out of his league.

11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually what we need to be careful of is not to allow propoganda such as this to distort the truth about our enemy. And you can be sure he is an enemy.

These type of cream puff interviews and reviews are fotter to gain support against any future military action.
    "Hes not really that bad a guy. Lets just appease him and everything will be alright".

Nothing fair and balanced by Mike Wallace or this interview. Who had any question as to his confidence in his views about America or Israel? Why did that need to be stated? It didnt.

He is working to gain support for Iran as a tool against any possible further action. This interview and review is pure support.