1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Military or Market-Driven Empire Building: 1950-2008

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, May 5, 2008.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

But you leave behind so many unanswered questions.

Now you got me thinking centrists are just like liberals. Leftie rightie leftie rightie, blah blah blah. I don't care what group a person belongs to anymore I try to look at each person as an individual. It isn't easy like I said. You can try and explain the leftie vs rightie thing to me like I'm a five old year kid if you want and I appreciate the effort and all so don't get me wrong but, I know the deal already NS. I know what a leftie is supposed to look and act like I know what a rightie is supposed to look and act like I even know how they're supposed to talk I get it okay? I understand the importance of classifying people according to their race creed religion and or political leanings. But I try to reject it because it divides and dehumanizes individuals it makes them less than their whole so they can fit comfortably within the group.

Here the thing though. It's fluff that all it is NS a big bunch of fluff. There has to be and I never counted and this is probably no where near accurate but there has to be a thousand different shades of the color leftie (blue?) and the same goes for the color rightie (red?). There's to much going on, it's crazy and confusing. But lo I have figured it out after much searching and study.

The majority of both sides if you can call them that think in terms of the collective. That's why it's so confusing. Basically lefties and righties are just degrees on the same scale. Some more collectivist and some less. Doesn't matter if you're a centrist or a liberal or a conservative or ten thousand other political labels at the end of the day you are still a collectivist. Unless of course you are an individualist. Being a collectivist feels better though and people take you more seriously. It's cozy and comfortable to be a collectivist and you are always welcomed into the group. (the world loves it's own?) It's tough being an individualist so I know why most of you choose the path of least resistance.

Let's face it it's easier to just go with the flow.

Your turn NS.

#41 poncho, May 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2008