1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Military Talk

Discussion in 'Vets and Friends' started by Salty, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lets have some fun here.

In this thread, we will only use military terminology - that Civilians would never understand!

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    When you ETS, did you have to PCS to CONUS, or were you able to use your POV to get to your HOR?

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    How many of your still have every one of your LES's?

4. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

This is slightly off-topic, but there is something that I find hilarious with military acronyms. And that is how often we say an acronym, and then say the word that the last letter stands for. Such as "ACAP program", "CAC card", "ASAP program", etc.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Every walk of life has a unique set of jargon. Written communication has been a problem since The Tower of Babel--when the oral communication was garbled--by God. By the way, God is the only One who says what He means and means what He says. We have a tendency to change the definition of the words to suit our lifestyles. Homosexuality is still an abomination--some folks want to call it an alternate lifestyle. Abortion is a choice not murder.

Re: redundancies. We do that a lot: twelve (12), as if some folk cannot read, which may be true.

I have a PCS with a PCA--not HOR, and no more TDY short of a National Emergency--AKA: RWP(Retired With Pay)

I can still lock and load or should it be load and lock? Is there a breech that is locked before it is loaded?

It is probably O.K. everyone gets the message.

Then there are terms like: rising up, descending down, tranversing across. We use a lot of prepositions that are already included in the verbs. Some call it redundancy.

Roger that, over and out.

Bro. James

• Like Like x 1
  6. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread reminds me of an old Humor in Uniform piece:

At Bethesda Naval Hospital, the time was announced on the PA system every hour. One morning, the announcer was a petty officer who was getting discharged the next day. So, this is what he announced in his last time check:

"For all Naval personnel, the time is now six bells of the afternoon watch."
    "For all Army and Air Force personnel, the time is now 1500 Hours."
    "For all Civilian personnel, the time is now 3PM."
    "For all Marine Corps personnel, Mickey's big hand is on the . . . "

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is it necessary to go to S-1 to be authorized to sign a DA-31 for items at S-4, that you will utilized at S-2/3. Will you need a M-151 or a M-35

8. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

It must've been a long time, Salty. You're getting rusty on your DA forms. Looks like I'm going to have to fill out a 4856 for you.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was talking about a DA 3161 - ( I want to know who deleted the "61' off my post!) I think I need to prep a DA Form 2496 and request the CID to look into this. It may require the signature of an O4 or above.

But in the meantime I will be prepping for the IG -