1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Millenial Exclusionists sound off!

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Lacy Evans, Sep 29, 2004.

1. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Ok, I don't know what this is supposed to mean, if you have a scripture reference I'll say amen or no. But I KNOW that you must be born again to inherit the kingdom. HOWEVER, you still must be obedient AFTER you are born again. Unless you are going to start playing the word games like these other guys play with 'faith = faith + works' and 'believe = not continue in sin'. Once saved, always saved. I believe that and will affirm it till my soul is required of me. But there is responsibility for a child of God to live holy, and there is chastisement from a loving Father for His children who walk in darkness.

1Cor 6
    6 But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the [/B]unbelievers.
    7 Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?
    8 Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.
    9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
    10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

These brothers are having to be reminded of this fact. Christians who are walking in the flesh rather than the spirit will be punished. Be not deceived.

2. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So if I'm saved, I'm saved. Amen to that. But suppose I don't live an absolutely, perfectly holy and sinless life after that. I know I don't want to do that, and I shouldn't do that, to grieve my Savior and be out of a close fellowship with Him. But, I mess up. So while a bunch of perfect Christians are either in heaven or back on earth serving in the millenial kingdom in resurrected bodies, where exactly will I be according to this interpretation?

The "slums" of heaven? Limbo? Purgatory? Hell?

And for how long?

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

THE RAPTURE
    1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
    16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
    17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

THE JUDGEMENT SEAT OF CHRIST (FOR BELIEVERS ONLY)
    1 Corinthians 3:11-15 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
    13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
    14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
    15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

THE TWO RESURRECTIONS
    John 5:28-29 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
    And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

THE MILLENNIAL REIGN OF CHRIST WITH BELIEVERS
    Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

THE GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGEMENT AFTER THE THOUSAND YEARS
    Revelation 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

THE NEW HEAVEN AND THE THE NEW EARTH AFTER THE FINAL JUDGEMENT OF THE UNBELIEVERS
    Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Millennial exclusion is a false doctrine, which cannot be supported by a proper expostion of Scripture. It seems to be a Baptist version of the Catholic "purgatory" which indeed is heresy. Our sins are paid for by the blood of Christ--the past, the present, the future--all of them are under the blood. If one had to pay any kind of future punishment for sins now committed in this world then by implication you would be denying the efficacy of the blood of Christ and would be believing that your salvation is by works and not by grace through faith.
    DHK

4. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Amen!

I find no scriptural support for any of this, and I find very many scriptures that oppose all of this.

Apostasy

Described
    Deu_13:13; Heb_3:12

Caused by persecution
    Mat_24:9-10; Luk_8:13

Caused by worldliness
    2Ti_4:10

Guilt and punishment of
    Zep_1:4-6; Heb_10:25-31; Heb_10:39; 2Pe_2:17; 2Pe_2:20-22

Cautions against
    Heb_3:12; 2Pe_3:17

Shall abound in the latter days
    Mat_24:12; 2Th_2:3; 1Ti_4:1-3

Unclassified scriptures relating to
    General references
    Deu_32:15; 1Ch_28:9; Isa_1:28; Isa_65:11-16; Jer_17:5-6; Eze_3:20; Eze_18:24; Eze_18:26; Eze_33:12-13; Eze_33:18; Mat_13:20-21; Mar_4:5-17; Luk_8:13; Mat_24:10; Mat_24:12; Luk_11:24-26; Joh_15:6; Act_7:39-43; 1Co_9:27; 2Th_2:3; 2Th_2:11-12; 1Ti_4:1-2; 2Ti_3:1-9; 2Ti_4:3-4; Heb_6:4-8; Heb_10:26-29; 2Pe_2:1; 2Pe_2:15; 2Pe_2:17; 2Pe_2:20-22; 2Pe_3:17; Jud_1:4-6

Instances of:
    Israelites
    Ex 32; Num 14

Saul
    1Sa_15:26-29; 1Sa_18:12; 1Sa_28:15; 1Sa_28:18

Amaziah
    2Ch_25:14; 2Ch_25:27

Disciples
    Joh_6:66

Judas
    Mat_26:14-16; Mat_27:3-5; Mar_14:10-11; Luk_22:3-6; Luk_22:47-48; Act_1:16-18

Hymenaeus and Alexander
    1Ti_1:19-20

Phygellus and Hermogenes
    2Ti_1:15

Source: Nave’s Topical Bible

5. carlaimpinge

carlaimpinge New Member

Quote:

Quick! Somebody wake me up! I am having nightmares about the Baptist Board. Help! They are getting worse by the minute!

Unquote.

No response is typical. The Pacific air must have put you to sleep during kindergarten class. (Prov.26:4) Silly snippets NEVER correct BIBLICAL statements (Prov.26:5), which ALWAYS make the simple talk funny and act evasive. Some Baptists attending churches are more scriptural than others, while many are more heretical than biblical. (1 Cor.11) Bible READING and BELIEF straightens others out, and "manifests" the APPROVED. (2 Tim.2)

Have a good dsy.

6. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Good Morning.

Carl,

you say,

:confused:

Where is Mum 13-14?? :confused:

I disagree.

The 12 apostles did preach the gospel of the grace of God BEFORE Apostle Paul preaching. Christ given his commandment to disciples, go preach the gospel into the world same with Matt. 28:19-20.

I disagree.

Disciples were finally understand the gospel after Christ's resurrection, so, they did preach the gospel of grace to the nations (Matt. 28:19-20; Mark 16:15; & Acts 1:8).

There is no difference between disciples and Paul preached the gospel, both preach the same gospel.

I disagree.

Both John the Baptist and Jesus preached on Repentance - the same gospel as the disciples and Paul preached.

Does Paul preached on the kingdom? Yes, in Acts 20:25 "And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more."

Clearly, it tells us, Paul did preaching on the kingdom of God. Same as Christ preached it - Matt. 4:17; and Mark 1:14-15. Christ said, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel."

Your teaching sound like as hyper-dispensationalism. I do not agree with your teaching.

All disciples and Paul were preaching the very same gospel as what John the Baptist and Jesus preached.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

7. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

So are you saying that there is no chastisement for a Christian who sins?

8. DeaconLew

DeaconLew New Member

I believe that every believer (John 3:16, 18, 36) is saved. In other words they are born again (John 3). Just like every newborn, they do not know how to please their parents. So, over time, they learn what the parents like and do not like. If the parents are godly then they will shape and direct the child's will to be in subjection to their husbands and God (if they are a girl) or to be in subjection to God (if they are a boy). This is exactly what happens when a believer studies the bible. They learn what the Father likes and dislikes.

No child is a child because he/she has promised to obey in all points BEFORE they were born. Likewise, a born again believer has never promised to be exactly obedient to all things before he was saved. Neither has he been commanded to. However after he is saved the Father will begin training the child, so long as the child spends time with the Father.

When it comes time for allowance (which is usually given at the end of the week) the child that has tried his best to do that which that parents have asked of him will get the reward. This child may have been slightly off in some things, but sought the mercy of the parents and thus the parents were pleased, overall, with his/her behavior.
    Now the child that has not been dilegent (careful) to obey in the things that the parents have commanded will not get the allowance (being rejected) even though he will seek it carefully with tears. This child knew that the parents would still feed him, cloth him and, in general, love him even though he did not obey in all points. Furthermore when he did fail he did not see the necessity to go and ask for mercy or forgiveness for the wrong doing, but instead insisted on the love that the parents had for him would ensure that he got the allowance. He was wrong.

While the parents do love the child, they cannot reward disobedience. The allowance is not a gift; it is conditional based on obdedience.

The Lord has promised to every one that loves him (keeps his commandments John 14, 15, 1John 3) he will grant to them the tree of life (Rev 22). Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and he that winneth souls is wise. That tree is in the midst of the garden of God, which will be in the kingdom (Rev 2, 22). If you are not in the kingdom you will not have a right to the tree of life, hence you will not get your allowance.

This may be too simple for the "wise" to understand....
    Mark 12:37... And the common people heard him gladly.

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

10. carlaimpinge

carlaimpinge New Member

Deafpostrib,

I apologize for hitting the wrong letter button. Surely you should be able to figure out where Caleb and Joshua preached the gospel. (Try NUMBERS, ie. Num. (my mistake is Mum.)

Your disagreement with Biblical statement is your privelege. You didn't EXPOUND the prooftexts which DOCUMENT the truth, but EVADED them, as you always do. You CONTRADICTED by another prooftext, which refers to the gospel of the kingdom, which was NEVER PREACHED to the Gentiles! (Matt.24, 28)

The 12 COULD NOT PREACH the death of Jesus Christ son, BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T BELIEVE IT, before the resurrection. (The BIBLE STATES that, not me.) That fact PROVES the gospel of the kingdom IS NOT the gospel of the grace of God. (References son, read them. Luke 18, 1 Cor.15)

**paragraph edit by Blackbird for derogatory remark**

You then changed my statement, and manipulated a NEW STATEMENT. My statement concerned the GOSPEL of the kingdom, NOT the kingdom.

No, the teaching is not hyperdispensationalism, but ACTUAL bible statements PRODUCED and taught from Pauline dispensationalism by a bible believing BAPTIST.

One last note ****edit by Blackbird****

Quote:

All disciples and Paul were preaching the very same gospel as what John the Baptist and Jesus preached.

Unquote.

When the Lord told his disciples about his death, they didn't believe it, SHOWING they didn't preach it AT THAT TIME. Simple facts. (Luke 18)

Try reading and believing the Book INSTEAD of trying to teach what you believe from the Book. Your system doesn't work.

Good day.

[ October 01, 2004, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: blackbird ]

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

So are you saying that there is no chastisement for a Christian who sins? </font>[/QUOTE]The only chastisement for sin that God speaks of is in this lifetime, on this earth. You can find it in Hebrews 12. All our sins are under the blood.
    "There is therefore now no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus."

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
    --This verse applies to believers only. We confess our sins and the believer's relationship, i.e., his communion with God is restored. He never loses his salvation. That is a free gift from God, never to be lost.
    DHK

12. Debby in Philly

Faith:
    Baptist
    So if I'm saved, I'm saved. Amen to that. But suppose I don't live an absolutely, perfectly holy and sinless life after that. I know I don't want to do that, and I shouldn't do that, to grieve my Savior and be out of a close fellowship with Him. But, I mess up.

So while a bunch of perfect Christians are either in heaven or back on earth serving in the millenial kingdom in resurrected bodies,

WHERE EXACTLY WILL I BE ACCORDING TO MILLENIAL EXCLUSIONISM?

AND HOW LONG WILL I BE THERE?

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Don't worry about it Debby, you'll be there too. These guys who want to hang on to their former Catholic belief of purgatory are way off base. Their ain't such a thing. We will reign with Christ for a thousand years. The Bible tells us so. [​IMG]
    DHK

14. Debby in Philly

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, I'm not worried. I'd like to hear their explanation. No one's actually come out and said WHERE and FOR HOW LONG.

15. Primitive Baptist

Primitive Baptist New Member

What would be the purpose of a thousand-year kingdom on earth? (2 Peter 3)

16. DeaconLew

DeaconLew New Member

Did anyone even read this??

DeaconLew

17. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

It's hell and its 1000 years during the millennial reign. And we should be worried if were not living as Christ commanded us. If we aren't sinning, then we need not worry.

18. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

Debbie,

There is quite a bit of disagreement. There are several ideas and several different camps.

Where do disobedient, unwatchful, fornicating believers spend their time during the Kingdom?

a) Outer Darkness,(AE Wilson, Z Hodges, C Stanley etc.)

b) Hell (The underworld, not the Lake of Fire.) (DM Panton, SS Craig, JD Faust, etc)

How long?

1000 years (The duration of the kingdom.), some believe in an "early release" I don't see it.

lacy

Here are some online books on the subject.

http://www.inthebeginning.org/schoettle/booksonline.htm

19. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

I referenced more scriptures from the New Testament than I did from the Old Testament. Please do not falsely characterize my data.

[​IMG]

20. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

DHK,

I believed that way for years. I tried to disprove thid doctrine for two solid years. (My pastor and I almost came to blows at times.) But this question sold me. What scriptural proof do we have that your statement above is true. Is there even one verse that absolutely limits God's chastening to this life?

The deeper I studied, the more I realized that just the opposite is true. Over and over the Bible threatens us with chastening in the next life at the Judgment seat Of Christ. It is overwhelming. So overwhelming in fact that I certainly understand why so much of Christianity believes you can lose your salvation.

The Roman Catholic tradition that all "good" people go to Heaven and all "bad" people go to Hell for all eternity is not Biblical and far too simplistic.

lacy