1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Millennial Exclusion-what is it exactly?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by HungryInherit, Jul 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HungryInherit

HungryInherit New Member

I have most books by Zane Hodges and first heard about this through his ideas. To me, it seems to have some scriptural support.

My question is this: if you believe everyone's eternal rewards will differ according to their works, wouldn't it make sense that not every Christian would reign on earth with Christ for his 1,000 year reign? I don't think those other Christians would be in hell or anything of the sort, wouldn't they just be excluded from reward?

I'm looking to learn about this and don't know if I believe it or not. I just know a lot of men I respect do. Hodges, Wilkin, Dillow, etc

2. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

You are treading on dangerous ground.

BB Administration has vowed to ban any who hold to the heretical doctrine of Millennial Exclusion or promote its promoters.

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

"Other Christians"? You are either a believer or you are not. What other Christians? We are all one in Christ. All believers will make up the bride of Christ. Christ will come for his bride--the sum total of all believers, all of whom will stand before him at the judgment seat of Christ.
    Zane Hodges is not the Judge; Christ is.
    We all shall return with him to rule and reign with him; he our bridegroom; we his bride.

4. HungryInherit

HungryInherit New Member

You're right DHK. Like I said, I dont hold to it but I also would like to hear other opinions.
    DHK, do you believe Christians will receive different rewards in heaven?

5. HungryInherit

HungryInherit New Member

With red clay beneath my feet and the pine tract behind me, I'm only looking for discussion. I'm not trying to promote anything

6. Steadfast Fred

The fact that the Jesus promises to present those who have trusted Him before the Father, blameless, is enough to tell me not one of us who have trusted Christ need fear being excluded.

The rewards that Believers receive are crowns; i.e., crown of hope, crown of glory, crown of righteousness, etc.

The Christian who is found to have wood, hay and stubble with have crowns withheld, but certainly not the Kingdom withheld. We who are Christians are promised in the Thessalonians, "So shall they ever be with the Lord."

7. HungryInherit

HungryInherit New Member

Hey Fred. So you don't believe the crowns will be tangible? When John was talking about the promised rewards for the overcomers in revelation, is that for all Christians?

8. Steadfast Fred

I do believe the crowns are literal crowns. Many think them as only spiritual. Nothing to fall out over.

Rewards in Revealtion are for the overcomers. We are all overcomers through Christ. He fought the battle for us. So, we will sit with Him in God's throne as He promised in Revelation 3.. even if we happen to lose a crown or two on the way because of our works of wood, hay, and stubble.

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just a friendly warning, a bunch of people got banned for supporting this doctrine.

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

1Cor3:11-15 speaks of the rewards believers will gain or lose at the Judgment Seat of Christ. There will be different rewards just as there are different crowns described in the Bible. I believe it is possible for a person to lose their reward, but not their salvation. However, losing a reward is completely divorced from the Millennial Kingdom. The loss of reward takes place at the Judgement Seat of Christ. The Millennial Kingdom will come sometime after that, and is not related to it. We will have heaven to enjoy for a time first.

11. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I don't support ME, in fact I had never heard of it before hearing about it here. It seems like the way things might be headed, we will have to clone the administration's beliefs just to post here. And I was under the impression we were here to discuss things, guess not.

12. HungryInherit

HungryInherit New Member

You are right that the reign comes after. But, is it possible at the Judgement Seat of Christ, we are assigned awards (reward) due to our works for the future kingdom?

What does this from your post mean exactly? "However, losing a reward is completely divorced from the Millennial Kingdom."

Thanks

13. Fred's Wife

Fred's Wife Member

I don't believe that the rewards at the Judgment Seat of Christ are rewards for the future kingdom but rewards for the works which we have already done, whether good or bad.

2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

1 Corinthians 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
    1 Corinthians 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
    1 Corinthians 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
    1 Corinthians 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

I believe the "rewards" are the "crowns". I believe there are 5 crowns listed in Scriptures:

1. The crown of life (James 1:12; Revelation 2:10)
    2. The crown incorruptible (1 Corinthians 9:24-27)
    3. The crown of rejoicing (1 Thessalonians 2:19-20)
    4. The crown of righteousness (2 Timothy 4:5-8)
    5. The crown of glory (1 Peter 5:2-4)

The Judgment Seat of Christ is only for those "in Christ" (born again believers) and it is for rewards. Believers will not be judged for their sins because all sin has been judged at the cross of Calvary. Jesus already paid our sin debt in full. All believers will go into the Millennial Kingdom.

#13 Fred's Wife, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2013
  14. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope....

....they are literal....as mine would be so huge and heavy I'd need someone to help carry it around :laugh::smilewinkgrin::wavey:

You do know I am just kidding? I don't think I'll be getting too much of anything, with the mistakes I've made in this life. I will be like the thief on the cross, who gets in with the toga on his back! I don't care about rewards, or a 1,000 year reign. I just care about being with Him when I close my eyes for the last time on this earth!

15. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Second that....

.....and I resemble what she says! :smilewinkgrin:

16. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I had a 2nd cousin who died in the late-1990's at around 80 years of age. He had been a preacher for many years. His daughter-in-law told me a few months after he had passed, that she was with him in his bedroom the day before he died. She said he was saying, "Children, can't you hear that beautiful singing?" And she said he had his arms raised up rejoicing. The next day, he was gone. She said that was the greatest testimony she had ever witnessed.

The reason why I am telling you this, Brother Paul, is this. When I close my eyes in death, I want to see the angels come and take me Home. (I can feel Him all over me as I am typing this....PRAISE HIS SWEET NAME!!!!) I have more desire for that Home than I do my natural home. I love my wife, but I love my Lord and Saviour way more than her. I long to see the glories of Home, and forever there will I(we) be.

:jesus::godisgood::jesus::godisgood:

17. HungryInherit

HungryInherit New Member

There is also the tree of life, the white stone with a name that only we and Christ know, hidden mana, etc. So if I'm understanding you correctly this all happens in a flash at the judgement seat? Meaning there is nothing is regards to rewards after the Judgement Seat of Christ.

I don't want people to get the idea I'm obsessing over this or I have an agenda. I just find it interesting. Thanks for the posts thus far everyone

18. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Hungry Inherit is the title of one of Zane Hodges’ earlier books. In this book Hodges sets forth the position that in Jesus’ parable of the Sower (Matt. 13:3-9), all of the soils except the first soil represent saved individuals. This view is quite consistent with Hodge’s teaching that a person can have eternal life but not evidence it in any way. Hodges thus teaches that a saved person can be totally worldly (thorny ground) and a saved person may believe only for a time, have no root, and then fall away (stony ground). In either case, there is no fruit.

http://www.middletownbiblechurch.org/doctrine/GES03.htm

19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apparently the author of the op is not what he/she is pretending to be. Most likely an ME supporter.

20. HungryInherit

HungryInherit New Member

I see RevGoogle is showing off his search engine skills again. If you read the OP it says I've read most of his books and I don't know enough about ME to decide one way or the other. Hodges was a great teacher and author, you are sadly mistaken if you think he had an agenda. He only wrote about the subject in two of his books as far as I know. HI, and Grace in Eclipse.

I'm not pretending to be anything and I don't appreciate that accusation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.