1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Milwaukee Paper Apologizes for Accepting 'Cooked' WMD Evidence

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by poncho, Nov 3, 2005.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

By E&P Staff

Published: October 31, 2005 10:55 AM ET

NEW YORK The most important newspaper in its region finally apologized to readers for accepting "cooked" evidence about WMD in Iraq that helped lead to war in 2003. No, it was not The New York Times.

In a column on Sunday, O. Ricardo Pimentel, editorial page editor at the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, wrote that, “Yes, regrettably on the matter of WMD, count us as among the many who were duped. We should have been more skeptical. For that lack of skepticism and the failure to include the proper caveats to the WMD claim, we apologize, though I would note that, ultimately, we didn't believe that the president's central WMD argument warranted war. Not then and especially not now.”

The column appeared on the same day Tim Rutten, media writer for the Los Angeles Times, urged major newspapers to own up to their role in easily accepting the WMD argument from the Bush administration. He noted that his own newspaper was among this large group.

"The American people need to know how that progression occurred because that knowledge is key to the responsible exercise of citizenship in the upcoming midterm elections and beyond," Rutten wrote. "The New York Times clearly wasn't the only journalistic institution that failed, and the duty to set the public record straight about how this mistake was made is a shared one. There will be shame enough for all if the media as a whole fail to accept this obligation."

America's Oldest Journal Covering the Newspaper Industry

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apologizing for being right is the newest liberal craze. :D

3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps this is part of the "newspeak" of fame from the book, 1984.

Maybe they think that if they apologize for printing the truth, they won't be accountable when lies (or half-truths, mistakes, misleading inuendos, mis-quotes, etc, etc) are printed!

4. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Too bad Bush won't follow their lead.

5. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Maybe "Dub" knows something you don't, Terry!!

6. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

Why do you think the WMD's were the reason for war anyhow. It was just reason of many, just because this is the one the public bought into does not make it the reason. Iraq had broken all the un agreements from the first war, we were justified without WMD. The greatest benefit of this war is now dictators know they will only be able to support terroist at their pearl. Under Clinton they could support terrorist with impunity, and they knew it. Which is why we had 9/11 in the first place.

7. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Dark clouds on the horizon again with Hillary set for the White House, then???

8. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

I sure hope so; I know I look forward to casting a vote for her in 2008!

9. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

You're just kidding---aren't you, Terry??? Tell us you're lieing!!!!

You know good and well that she can tear up a steel anvil with a rubber mallet

God help us with another Clinton in office!!! Weaker than the last one!!!!

10. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

"I sure hope so; I know I look forward to casting a vote for her in 2008!"-----------------------------------------------------------------

With all due respect, I don't know how a borne again Christian with their priorities straight could feel this way.

11. Priscilla Ann

Priscilla Ann Member

Count me as one more born again Christian who will be voting for Hillary!

12. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

"Count me as one more born again Christian who will be voting for Hillary!"----------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you explain why, especially since you don't know who will be running against her.

Hillery will be for homosexual marriage and unrestricted abortion, the republican candidate will probably be against both.

I am not trying to bait you, but I really can't fathom it. How can you vote for Hillery?????

13. Priscilla Ann

Priscilla Ann Member

Bunyon:

I am not a one-issue or two-issue voter. I also look at the candidate's positions on health care, poverty, education, social security, the environment, the war, the deficit, etc. On these issues, Hillary will at least make an attempt to undo the damage Bush has done. Considering the mess Bush has made, it will take someone as smart as Hillary to pick up the pieces.

Perhaps if the religious right cared as much for the already born as they claim to care for the unborn, they might have more credibility.

PA

14. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

But you will empower someone who will insure the death of thousands of babies a year. Even if I thought someone was going to create a utopia for me, I could not empower them to kill babies.

But one could argue it was Hillery and her husband that mismanaged the terror situation in the first place leading to the mess we have now, but I could not vote for a pro-abortion candidate no matter how much I would benefit.

I am scared of her for many reason though, she seem to me very Maciavalin too me.

15. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38213

I believe it to be the CIA that is responsible for the campaign to discredit the President over the WMD's. These weapons have been and are being uncovered and Iraqi scientists are corroboration their existence. I also believe the President will bring all the evidence to light soon and heads will roll at the CIA.

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Discredit the president? That's a laugh! [​IMG]

Maybe it's not that apparent yet to some, that this president and his neoglobalist handlers have been completely discredited already.

Bush Public Support at Lowest Level Yet

About the only thing that would re-energize their form of corporate colonialism (or corporatism as Mussolini would call it) is another "Pearl Harbor type catalyzing event" as spoken of by those heroic neocons at PNAC.

Their going to free the world by enslaving us all. :cool:

17. Priscilla Ann

Priscilla Ann Member

Bunyon:

In case you haven't noticed, Bush has been in power for five years, and abortion is still legal.

Roe vs. Wade was made law by a Supreme Court, of which a majority of the judges were Republican appointees. In addition, Republican presidents have occupied the White house for 20 of the last 32 years.

And you expect me to believe that Republicans are truly pro-life? I don't think so...

18. Priscilla Ann

Priscilla Ann Member

Just an additional observation...

Bush and his cronies have discredited themselves by their dishonesty about Iraq and WMD.

George W. Bush (a supposed Christian) can't force himself to say, "I was wrong."

PA

19. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

I don't expect you to blieve anything PA. I was just courious how someone (christian) would justify voting for Hillery. For me supporting abortion nullifies everthing else. But I have asked several times, you are the first to have conviction enought to explain your poisistion. I thank you for that.

20. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

Wow, Prisilla, you are so diametrically opposed to Biblical views. If very many Christians can support Hillary, and all the evil baggage she carries, there is not much hope for the continued positive influence believers wield as a political group.

President Bush has made by far (hopefully) the greatest leap toward overturning Roe v. Wade, by his nominations to SCOTUS.
    He has kept the terrorist attacks out of our nation since 9-11, and for what would have happened if JF Kerry had been elected, see France.