1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ministries I should trust....

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by ATeenageChristian, Jun 20, 2002.

1. ATeenageChristian

ATeenageChristian New Member

Hello all. This question has me baffeled. I've donated money to the BGEA, Insight For Living, Faith Matters, Dawson McAllister and the Crystal Cathedral. Now I am NOT in contact with any ministry except KTIS (www.KTIS.org) I feel this is the ministry I should trust financially. I donate to my home church more though. I DO NOT want to put my trust in televangelists or radio evangelists (e.g. Billy Graham, Luis Palau, Robert Schuller)

What are your opinions??? :confused:

[ June 20, 2002, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: ATeenageChristian ]

2. td

td New Member

If you really want to find out if any ministry is on the up and up and being a good steward of their donations, why not ask to see a copy of their annual report or an audited financial statement? Most any ministry will gladly do so and if they do not, stop giving to them. One of the things an annual report will tell you is how much money is going to the actual work of ministry and how much is going for administrative costs. High administrative costs may be an indication that the donations are primarily being spent on big salaries, fancy offices, advertising & other things and not actually helping someone. TV ministries typically have high costs because, let's face it: air time is very expensive and so is TV equipment. That's not to say that a TV ministry is a good or bad thing. They can get the gospel out to millions at the speed of light and many people are served well by them. But, is a TV preacher going to visit you or a family member if you are sick? No ministry of any kind can or should take the place of a local church ministry. Hope this helps!

3. Naomi

Naomi New Member

My opinion is, you can never outgive God! I know that we are to be as wise as serpents, yet gentle as doves, but, before you give to any ministry that is outside your local church, you should first pray about it, then if you feel a peace about it, go ahead and give. We give as unto the Lord. From there, the ministry we are giving to is responsible to God. I have given money to ministries before, and perhaps they were not totally up front about where the money was distributed....someone asked me if I was angry about that, I replied that I was not angry, because when I gave, I gave out of a pure heart. If I truly gave to the work of God, my treasures will be stored up in heaven anyways [​IMG] .
    I think we should have the mindset that anything we have in this world belongs to God anyway. If we think like this, it will keep us from bitterness, anger etc. I have witnessed people become very angry about being "ripped-off" by people in the ministry. Please keep your heart pure and tender. Once you gain an attitude towards someone, you are not totally free. May we keep living our lives as if Jesus were coming back next week :D . I know that helps my attitudes ;) .
    God Bless You teenage christian!

4. ATeenageChristian

I have my mom block ministry websites. I only listen and go to KTIS's ministry website. I love KTIS. It is a Christian Outreach radio station. One thing I do not agree with is how many ministries co-partner with KTIS. It bugs me. They have a whole hour devoted to Insight For Living and Focus on the Family (30 min. each)

A question is really bugging me and perhaps one of you can answer it: If I do not like the fact that KTIS has ministry partners, but I like their music, should I listen to it? Or should I just buy Gospel cds and play those???

5. td

td New Member

Help me understand...why does your mother block ministry web sites?

6. ATeenageChristian

I got in macho trouble with most major ministries. Their ideas got me confused. So I asked my mom to block their websites. So I dont sign up for their "FREE" newsletters via snail mail and so they wont ask me for $$$$. I finally got sick of it and had my mom block their homepage addresses.

[ June 23, 2002, 08:53 AM: Message edited by: ATeenageChristian ]

7. Andrey

Andrey New Member

It is wonderful that you care about God's work in this world.

The key however is not in which ministry you like or dislike, but in that you find what God is doing, and join in.

Most soldiers in their uniform at the front lines look pretty shabby, dirty and disheveled. Yet, they are the ones getting the job done. The soldiers in sharp, crisp uniforms are at the back lines, getting a needed break.

They look better, and are easier to like, but the ones needing support and supplies right now are the ones that look like they don't.

Where would God have you be?

Also, again, I am pleased that you are eager for God's work, but being 'involved' with God's plan is far different than being 'committed' to God's plan.

Some are to be cheerleaders, some are to be on the bench and some are to be in the game.

You are held up in prayer, so that you may better hear God's answer to you. It is far more important than my answer, isn't it? ;)

Andrey
    www.achievebalance.com

8. LAWC

LAWC New Member

We give to Campus Crusade for Christ. By being involved first hand with outreach ministries by Crusade, i know that my money is going to reach win lost students to Christ, grow them in their Christian faith and send them out to the world."
    www.ccci.org

9. Naomi

Naomi New Member

Another good Ministry to support is Compassion International. We have a young girl we support for $28.00 a month. She can attend school in her country. It is a reputable organization :D .
    Naomi

10. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

Give to and through your local New Testament Church.

The local New Testament Church is the only organization founded by Jesus Christ on earth, the rest are man-made.

And that doesn't mean that every local building with a church sign out front is a New Testament Church.