1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ministry for men with addictions (John 3;16)

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by BM, Sep 17, 2003.

1. BM

BM New Member

I wanted to tell you about a ministry that my husband and I have become involved in and is the most spiritual blessing that we have ever received. It is a spiritual bootcamp for men with drug and alochol addictions. My husband is the minister, we have chapel services every Sunday for the men and their families, they have Bible study 2 hours each day, they have "starting over" Bible classes every Tuesday night. They also work out in the community for the elderly & etc. Right now we are able to have 10 men at one time and they stay any where from 6 months to a year. We are seeing men get their lives and families back together through Jesus Christ.
    We have several churches and indivuals supporting this but we hope to be self sufficient in 5 years.
    The name of the ministry is John 3;16, There is one other facility like this in Arkansas. We love them to Jesus. The men said it is working better than any drug treatment center they have ever been to. It is all voluntary, so they come wanting to change their lives.

2. Dallasdid

Dallasdid New Member

hey about the boot cam where about is that located would love to maybe come help serve in any way some time. Thanks for any info

3. BM

BM New Member

The camp is located near Charlotte Ar. My brother-in-law and his family sold their bussiness to start this ministry. The camp has several cabins for the men to stay in, and my brother-in-law and his family live within site of the camp. There is a great need for other places like this. If you want me to I can send you some literature on this ministry.