1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ministry is War

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Tom Bryant, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is an interesting view of the ministry: Ministry means war

I don't think he knows anything about what war is really like, but I understand the comparison. Some of his points are well taken about what a seminary cannot teach pastors.

2. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

Brother, this is an interesting article. Thanks for posting it. I fight (and have fought) many of these battles. I wonder how many of our members know how difficult the battle is.

If I'm to be honest, I could say that I've seen success in some of these issues, but have also seen colossal failures. I'm sure glad God has been so gracious to me, because I've fallen short so many times.

Thanks for posting this.

3. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're welcome. I know exactly what you're talking about. My failures have been epic. I am thankful for the faithfulness of God and the mercy of His people.

When i got out of Bible college - didn't go to seminary - i knew I had all my theology right and that was enough. I liked how he put it.

4. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

Yes, many of my mistakes came from improperly handling either conflict in general or a perceived attack against me. Regrettably, I have learned many lessons "the hard way."