1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

misconception of getting to heaven

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by chipsgirl, Jan 27, 2005.

1. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

Here's a quote from someone I talked to is obviously confused about how to get to heaven.
    "I think there is room for everyone in heaven. I don’t judge."

Eek. How do I begin to teach her differently?

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

Sure theres plenty of room, but not everyone will be there.
    The only verse I can think of right now,

Ro. 8:1 says there is no condemnation for those in Christ, notice you must qualify by being in Christ.

3. Plain ol' Ralph

Plain ol' Ralph New Member

Well, to be truthful, everyone IS going to Heaven, but many will not be there any longer than to face the Great White Throne, then....

Those who say "I don't judge" are in error, else they could not have deduced that aspect of reason, IOW, they first had to judge. [​IMG]

4. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

so true, so true

5. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

You didn't say what her religious background is or if she attends a church, and if so, what church? if she calls herself a Christian but probably isn't one, is a Christian, etc.

More info, please! ;)

6. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Well, she's right about one thing, she is not the Judge. He is and does judge.

If it was His will for everyone to be in heaven, that would be justice. It it was His will for everyone to be in hell, that would be justice.

His will is for some to be in heaven and some to be in hell, that is justice, and she's right that it is not for her or any of us to judge. But just because we don't judge doesn't mean He doesn't either.

I don't think there is room for any more in heaven than God predestinated would be there. The place is full.

7. Mommyperson

Mommyperson New Member

Romans 10:9-11 is a clear way to share truth with her.

This is the beginning of new life and how to receive eternal life.

8. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    John 10 is what came immediately to mind. One door, one way in. Anyone else is a thief and will not make it.

9. mountainrun

mountainrun New Member

""I think there is room for everyone in heaven. I don’t judge."

Bro. James is correct. Simply tell her she is correct in not judging someone's salvation.
    God does it and He will judge hers as well.

MR

10. Dewey Maggard

Dewey Maggard New Member

I have no problem with the fact that there will be room for all- That is those who have made the choice. This is because He (God)is not willing that any should perish. We have John 3:16 to tell us this. However, I am wondering about the people who have the hope of going to (Heaven) What is your concept of Heaven? What will it be like? Do you see it as Isaiah describes it? And also Do you believe Heaven is already being receivng those who have repented? I am thinking of a verse in Isa 45-18 where God says he has not created this earth in vain-but to be inhabited. Til next time.

11. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

Dewey, I don't even try to begin to understand what Heaven will be like. All I know is it is greater than anything my brain can handle.

I think my friend has the mentality that good works gets you to Heaven even though she grew up in a Presbyterian church and should have been taught better.

12. Brownov

Brownov New Member

Revelation 20:15
    And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

It's a pretty simple qualification.

13. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

She thinks good deeds get you in the book is my point.

14. Brownov

Brownov New Member

Ephesians 2:8-10
    For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Luke 23:39-43
    And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us. But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation? And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss. And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Acts 16:31
    And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Romans 4:1-5
    What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

15. dp

dp Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wouldn't that be more grace and mercy than justice???

I don't believe that's in harmony with 2 Peter 3:9 or Ezekiel 33:11

dp

16. dp

dp Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think there's probably "room" enough in Heaven for every sentient being God ever created... but that doesn't mean all those created beings will be there... I don't believe in a universal salvation nor a strict limitation of predestination...

17. dp

dp Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "that whosoever believeth in Him..."

18. Rachel

Rachel New Member

I hear that all the time from unbeliever's, 'I don't judge, or we shouldn't judge.' lol There are many many scripture's that say it's not by 'our works'. Of course she might not want to believe it. Seems like that's the popular belief of most unbeliever's. I was there once. I just didn't understand what true salvation was. Show her scripture and keep praying for her, hopefully the Word of God will convict her.

19. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

It's hard to work with someone who won't listen! I did send her a verse today about how trying to please others only strays us from God's plan. She said she liked it.