1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Missing link still missing

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Amy.G, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Evolutionists crack me up!

MORE HERE

2. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

Interesting! Thank you for the link. I don't know much about these things at all, but love to read about them. One question that I've always had but never had a satisfactory answer for is, If the Lord created the earth anywhere between 10,000 and 100,000 years ago, how do we get all of these fossils and all the carbon dating that shows that they're 47 million years old?

Personally I just take it all on faith, but a scientific explanation would be nice to be able to give to some of my more scientifically inclined friends.

Anyone? Links welcome.

Thanks,

tw

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Well, since God created time, I don't worry about it much. Some people aren't happy until it's reconciiled in their mind. Whatever floats their boat. I'm a "hands on plowshears" kinda guy: I'm more concerned with where I'm going than where I came from.

#3 Johnv, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2009
  4. donnA

donnA Active Member

carbon 14 is flawed and inaccurate.

5. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Assuming that you believe the scriptures which it seems you do, consider if the remains of Methuselah should be unearthed and it COULD be verified that these were his remains.

Just how old do you think the scientists would peg him at his death???

I dare say none would come close to his almost 1K years age, but more likely in the range of 80-120 years old. Why?? Simply because his remains would correspond, most likely, to what today's human would be for the 80-120 years age.

Same with the "ROCKS"; we do not know what physical conditions existed at that time, nor how they affected "stuff", so any testing done now is based on the assumption that conditions then were the same as now. May be true, not true, or partially true; so any estimate of age scientifically is just a guesstimate.

Just like Adam - how old would he have been 5 minutes after God created him? Obviously, only 5 minutes old, BUT should a scientist have popped down from a flying saucer at that point would Adam have been judged to be 25, 30, 35 --------???????

I'm sure you get the picture. It's simply a matter of the old saying that "things aren't always what they seem".

So -- maybe the rocks "appeared" to be 100K, 1 Million , 1Billion ----years old. Does that mean that they really are???

Your call!!!

OH!! This DOES NOT MEAN THAT GOD WAS TRYING TO FOOL US either, as some evolutionists just love to postulate.

It is what it is, and man is the one making all the "AGE" claims, not God. He simply told us what He did, with no further data.