1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Missing my first Semester

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by untangled, Dec 17, 2004.

1. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, here's an update on my situation. I can't find a job in the Raleigh area! As many people and businesses there and I can't find a job!

I may have to miss the January semester unless I could work out a schedule that will allow me to drive the couple hours there maybe once a week while I still keep my current job here in my hometown. It will be hard because I work on a rotating schedule (24 on, 72 off) The days always change. Maybe I can work something out.

I am bummed that I don't get to move there yet. I'll keep everyone posted on my transition to seminary life.

In Christ,

Brooks

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We will continue to pray. If God (remember HE is sovereign) wants you there in January, He will have to work a miracle.

But then, that's what He does best!

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

There are jobs available anywhere if you are willing to work.

When I was a student there were times I didn't have over 20 dollars but God always provided.

One time I was praying for money for rent. At the stoplight were several of us, I looked down and saw a 20 dollar bill and it paid my rent.

Another time I felt God wanted me to move 1200 miles. I had about 75 dollars. I told nobody of my need except God. Not even knowing it my dad handed me almost 500 dollars. Another time we weren't sure we would have enough money to move for me to go to school. The place where my wife worked took up a collection and on her last day someone handed her 1,600 dollars. We have never asked for one penny but God has always provided.

I have moved to places God has wanted me to go and it seemed hopeless, but God gave me work always in every case.

When I decided to go to seminary I wasn’t sure how I was going to work and pay for seminary at the same time. The place where I was working was run by a manager that cheated customers daily. I prayed that God would provide for me. One day I was told to cheat a customer I refused and I was fired a few weeks later. But after that job a man walked up to me one day and asked me what I did for a living. I told him I was looking for work. That man gave me a job that payed the same as I made at the previous job but I did not have to work near the number of hours. I could work when I could and could work a lot of hours when I wanted or could. So I made the same in a year working around my schedule and less hours. How is that for God’s providence?

We walk by faith not by sight. Don't worry about tomorrow for today has enough troubles of its own.

It seems as though He provides when we cannot. It is then that we glorify Him and give Him thanks.

God will provide your needs every time. Hasn't he met every need you have, including today.

So go, knowing he provides.

4. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for replying. I still have not found anything but I am still waiting on God to open a door. I am thinking about taking a few of the online classes they offer. The only thing is that I really was looking forward to being on campus. God is greater than any situation and He will provide a way in His time.

In Christ,

Brooks

5. foxrev

foxrev New Member

Untangled:

You are right and keep looking to the Lord. He is faithful and surely is not forsaking you, His child.