1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mission trips?

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by woodyR, Apr 11, 2005.

1. woodyR

woodyR New Member

just wandering if any of you have been on mission trips?
    tell us about them!!!

i just got back a week ago from saltlake city witnessing to mormons

2. Grace

Grace New Member

I've been on two overseas mission trips, and a few weekend trips here in town. I'm missing our next mission trip because my boyfriend is preaching his first sermon and I want to be here to hear him.

3. ckm49er

ckm49er New Member

Im on a home mission not to get people to accept Christ but to get those who have accepted Christ a while ago but then lost touch.

4. Ishouldbhappy

Ishouldbhappy New Member

I went to Southern California last summer for a month on a mission trip. I worked in a church and helped with the out-reach programs and got to help some of the youth at the church. I loved it. I want to go again this summer.
    Kristen

5. God'sMusicGirl07

God'sMusicGirl07 New Member

Every summer my youth group goes to Mission-Fuge. It is basicly youth camp and mission trip rolled into one. Two years I worked in day cares. The kids taught me so much. One year I went to a nursing home. Scary!!! Because I am not really fond of older people. However God used them to teach me and help me grow. I say if any one ever gets a chance to go on a mission trip take it! It will change your life.

6. Kayla

Kayla New Member

Look Abby she is not fond of you, and your walker. I am saving my money to go on a Mission's trip after I graduate, I want to go to, visit and help my good friends Rich and Linda on the mission's field. They live right near the town my grandfather was born and they told me they would take me there when I got over there.

7. Ishouldbhappy

Ishouldbhappy New Member

I am Love working with kids but I always get put with the old people I think God is telling me that I cannot always have things the way I want them. I like the little kids because they are on the same level as me lol.
    Kristen

8. Grace

Grace New Member

I never thought I would enjoy hanging out with older people. Even though my Grandmother's are not what I would constitute as "old", they have, as I've grown up, become my favorite people. They've got so much experience and wisdom, and I love learning from that. Plus, I teach them a thing or two about lightening up. I can't help it..they got stuck with wacky, zany Grace as a granddaughter. I think I was born to teach them to have a little fun.

9. God'sMusicGirl07

I agree Ishouldbhappy kids are right on your level! No, for real I thing God puts us where he knows we will grow the most! For example He put me in a group by myself to help me grow and get out of my comfort zone! It was hard but I am so glad He did. I am a little braver now.... I think. LOL!

10. Ishouldbhappy

Ishouldbhappy New Member

You are not any braver. But if that is what you have to tell yourself lol. By the way the spanish test was hard
    Ki

11. God'sMusicGirl07

I am braver last year I did not cry!!!!!

12. Ishouldbhappy

Ishouldbhappy New Member

I know and that is great.
    Ki

13. Kayla

Kayla New Member

I love doing nursinf home ministry, the elderly are so knowledgeable about life and have so much advice you can learn from them, and I even got some vintage clothes from one lady, a 1950's dress it is so pretty, the only sad thing about Nursing home ministry is that they're elderly and so sometimes you come to visit them and they have died, which is saddening.

14. Bound4Glory

Bound4Glory New Member

I am hopeing that my youth group will go on a mission trip sometime before I graduate (2 years)..but if not..Im hopeing that the summer before or after I do graduate..I can find a Trip to go on. I think it would be a great thing to do right before I start Bible College.
    I would love to do nursing home ministry..I just adore old people. I dont know how well I could handle the deaths though. Unfourtunatly our church doesnt really have a Nursing home ministry.

15. Kayla

Kayla New Member

We have a great ministry there, we even hold services there, and my friend preaches and I usually sing a special and we do all the visiting, so basically it's our ministry. I might be started a woman's bible study at the nursing home too. My pastor thinks it's great.

16. savedgirl63026

savedgirl63026 New Member

I've been on several weekend trips and we are planning on going to Costa Rica to work with Ron and Edie Todd in July for 10 days!

Jamie

17. Bound4Glory

Bound4Glory New Member

Kayla,
    that sounds wonderful..I would love to get something like that started at our church. I know that about a year ago some of our Preacher boys did something like that. Maybe we could get it started back up.

18. Kayla

Kayla New Member

His grandmother thinks that since our minstry works so well we should get married because our marriage would work well, and was like ummmmm, maybe since I am just 16 almost 17 that won't be happening in the next few weeks.

19. Bound4Glory

Bound4Glory New Member