1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

missionary college

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Mission Man, Nov 21, 2003.

1. Mission Man

Mission Man New Member

I was wondering what the best school in the United States would be to study missions? I dont care where in the U.S. but not out of it and I need them to have a baseball team. Any suggestions? I need lots of help b/c I am planning for my future. This could mean my life so someone please help. Thanks so much.

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

My opinion is to join a parachurch organization such as The Navigaors and learn how to disciple others and share your faith within a secular university that has a great baseball team.

When I was in seminary I knew too many who had gone through a Christian college and went on to seminary who had never given their testimony or shared their faith. In fact the person who led me to Chrit had gone to an excellent Bible college but had never learned to discipe someone until he became involved with The Navigators. The same thing happened to a man I know who graduated from another Bible college. He was 55 when he started meeting with someone from The Navigators and learned how to disciple others. He had led people to Christ but didn't know how to disciple someone.

Shortly after I became a Christian I got involved with The Navigators and began to learn to share my faith, I was followed up immediately by the person who led me to Christ. He too was involved with The Navigators. Mission boards are looking for those who are prepared to share their faith and have proven it by those they have discipled.

You will never learn to share your faith until you do it. You will never learn to disciple someone until you do it. But it sure helps to have someone who is a good model. When you learn to disciple someone who get a vision of how Jesus reached people and how the world can be reached through the efforts of one man starting with one person.

If you were to take and reach one person each year and the person you reach reaches one person each year it wouldn't take very many years to reach the population of the world. At the end of one year there would be two of you. At the end of two years there would be four. At the end of three years there would be eight. At the end of 34 years you would have 8.6 bilion.

3. Mission Man

Mission Man New Member

Hey,
    Thanks for that info. But i need a link to a website of some sort to one of those groups. If you have one? thanks a bunch

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

5. Mission Man

Mission Man New Member

hey,
    what are the beliefs of the navigators? Im southern baptist.