1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Missions and flavors

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by tinytim, Mar 16, 2007.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

If we're starting a "women preacher" thread based upon this one, I would assert that said thread would be started simply to focus attention away from the issue we're discussing...because Scripture is on our side, and I think you know it.

Good. At least a tiny bit of common ground. But then.....what is your beef with IFB's if this is the case? Since they send missionaries through individual churches....it would seem to me that you would be on precisely the same page as someone like Bapmom. But yet you aren't. That's inconsistent, IMO.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Rbell,
    Very good posts on the subject. This is one of the most fundamental foundations of the Baptist faith, and for the life of me, I cannot understand how this evolved this way.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Amity - Since our church doesn't have a mission board, and our missionaries do not answer to one, does that make it OK? Our missionaries are called by God, go out and do their work in their respective places and the only ties they have back here in Northport are a congregation that supports them financially so that they can just worry about doing their work (especially when they first get there - we give full support so that they don't need to try to 'fund raise'), and supports them in prayer. We also have a missions pastor who is here in the states assisting them as needed - logistics, any legal stuff for the US/other country, sending teams over to assist when needed (the church in Italy needed a building remodeled so we sent a team for 3 weeks to do the work), a listening ear, etc.

So, in those cases, is that OK in your book?