1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mitt Romney Lost the Summer: Tax Returns, Overseas Gaffes, & More

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. targus

targus New Member

An opinion piece based on a poll of "adults" which included "registered voters" doesn't carry much weight.

"Adults" that are not "registered voters" let alone "likely voters" may mean something in voting for American Idol... but for President?

Not so much.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The question becomes then, which will have more effect, the gaffs that Romney has made in a few short months of campaigning, or the mistakes made in four years of Obama making decisions that have hurt the average American family from job loss, to loss of an atmosphere of pursuing to American Dream, to having at least a minimal sense of morality?

When a situation exists that is all appearance and no substance, which do you think will make more difference? People who actually get out and bother to vote ponder things like this. For example, what good does it do to have record low interest rates for a house when no one can obtain a mortgage without a thirty percent down payment? The interest rates are artifically low because of the lousy economy, not driven by the market. I would rather have a five or six percent interest rate with abundent credit based on full employment and a growing economy, not Obama and Fed manipulation of the money supply.

Not that this is all Obama's fault, there is plenty of blame to go around from former Presidents and a series of Congresses that cannot even pass a budget but manage to take off more days than they work, but Obama made the situation much worse.

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The American voter will decide. The will look at the past, the present and decide on who leads the next four years.

We all desire a good, strong economy.

I am not sure Obama made it worse or if it would be worse if McCain had been elected. I really do not know.

I agree there is blame enough to go all around and Congress is much to blame. Politics if the art of compromise and if folks will not compromise on anything very bad events will take place, IMHO.

I very much appreciate your rational, calm replies. Thanks very much.