1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mitt Romney Thinks Donald Trump Could Win The Election

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Former Republican nominee Mitt Romney said earlier this month he thought Donald Trump could win the presidency, citing Hillary Clinton’s high unfavorable numbers and the unpredictability of the race.

Romney was speaking with Republican consultant Mike Murphy’s Radio Free GOPpodcast released two weeks ago when he made the comments.

“You have to give Donald Trump credit, he was able to bring a rhetoric and a style that he had perfected over his career to the political sphere and connect with people and become the nominee,” Romney said. “Despite the fact that I and a lot of other people thought he would not be an ideal nominee, he is. At this stage, it’s rougher going, but I can’t predict what’s gonna happen.”

“To be honest, it’s very possible in my view that Trump wins,” continued Romney. “I wouldn’t think it’d be by a landslide, but I think he could win. I think he could lose, I think he could lose by a landslide. But, I don’t know which it’s going to be and a lot of that depends on what happens to Hillary Clinton. Is there a meltdown moment, or some implosion of some kind?”

https://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkacz...n-the-election?utm_term=.df3nMR6dW#.rivKw7xpY

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Last paragraph shows what? He knows nothing most of us don't understand - that he could win and that he could lose - my great grandchildren probably understand that - and he is asked for an interview??? Someone got short changed!