1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mitt Romney's Flip Flops

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, Oct 11, 2012.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

That is a blatant falsehood. There are lots of Christian conservatives that cannot bring themselves to support Romney because of former beliefs in abortion, gay rights, and the doctrine of the Mormons concerning Jesus Christ. Those that do vote for him do so despite the above because of the record of Obama.

For you to have the gall to call those who do not like Romney for personal conviction reasons supporters of Obama is the ulimate insult to their character. It shows arrogance, self centeredness, and every other quality that should be lacking in a pastor. Again, it shows you do not have a clue about politics, government or history.

#21 saturneptune, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2012
  2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Explain to me how that a conservative can choose to support President Obama because of Gov. Romney's religion?

Are you saying that conservative Christians will choose to vote for President Obama who pushes a strongly anti-Biblical positions (abortion, gay marriage, forcing religious groups to pay for contraceptives andabortion) rather than Gov. Romney?

Or are you saying that political conservatives are choosing to vote for a very liberal President rather than his more conservative opponent?

I don't understand how someone who believes in the 1st Amendment can choose a President based not on his political positions but on his religion. You either have to agree with the President's positions or think that Mormons are far worse than a President who willingly was a part of Jeremiah Wright's just as anti-Biblical "church". If you agree with the President's positions, that's your choice, just say so and stop with the religious test you want to impose on everyone else.

3. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How did you get all that out of what he said? The one being referenced as an Obama supported has already said the he cannot vote for either candidate in good conscience. He will not be voting for Obama or Romney, or does he not have the right to write in a candidate of his choosing that he thinks will be better than the two main ones without being called nasty names?

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Amen to that..........

#24 saturneptune, Oct 13, 2012
  5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Thank you for understanding my post. I thought I made myself quite clear. It is not even me. It was another poster misrepresenting Zaac's position.

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So who got called a nasty name?

7. Tom Bryant

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think I misinterpreted what you said. You just chose to tell me how ignorant you believe me to be.

You said that
    I just asked you some questions about your statement. You've chosen not to answer.

I'm out.

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I would say that is an impossible situation. None of the posts suggested such. They said some conservatives (not me) cannot support either because of various factors about Romney and Obama.

No, I am saying they will vote for third party or neither.

Reference above, a very conservative person who cannot tolerate Romney's religion or his past record on abortion and gay rights would vote for neither.
    What made you think anyone agreed with the President's positions. Not liking Romney does not mean a vote for Obama.

By the way, I am voting for Romney.

9. Tom Bryant

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for your answers.

10. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

A few days ago I heard someone speak who had known Romney for years and he said that Romney was a conservative in relationship to his family and personal life, but was a pragmatist in regards to other things. I thought to myself that might explain the apparent flip flops.

11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

You spend an awful lot of time bad mouthing Romney Crabby and I can't figure out why. He's promised to adopt and expand Obama's policies both foreign and domestic. Seems to me you should be signing his praises instead of bashing him. Maybe you feel you have to make it look good for all the republicrats amongst us? :confused:

Romney or Obama, you should be the happiest person here because you win either way.

#31 poncho, Oct 13, 2012
  12. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

The one you want.

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

gb, have not seen you in a while. Welcome back.

14. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

So my question to you is, what have you spent your time doing since McCain was nominated four years ago? Although we come down on different sides, Crabby and I see a difference. Granted, it is not as great as the difference between Democrats/Republicans on one side and the Constitution on another, but it is a difference.

So, are you telling us all that you give up your right to vote when two candidates like we have now are running against each other? As asked in other threads, what have you done in the last four years to ensure we do not have a limited choice like Obama and Romney?

Is the right to vote so unimportant to you that you throw it away if things to not go your way in a given year? If you did nothing in the past four years, actually up to 20 years, to effect a change, then you have no one to blame but yourself.

15. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Thanks, I have been very busy.

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

What have I done? I've turned people onto reality. Lots of them. Unlike the uninformed zombies around here there are thousand upon thousands of people out there who understand what's going on. Why do you think we have the Ron Paul revolution, the Tea Party and the Occupy movement among other forms of dissent against this bastardized anti American globalist system?

People are waking up to the fact that both parties have sold us out to international banksters and the transnational corporations.

You speak of a right to vote okay. Let me clue you in on our right to vote. We have a right to vote for either one of the globalist's puppets.

Lefties will prefer the globalist puppet Obama while righties will prefer the globalist puppet Romney. Guess who loses either way? WE DO!

The only choice we are being presented with is a choice of which person we'd like to sell us the same globalist agenda. Okay so some people will prefer to be given the pitch by Obama and some will prefer to hear it from Romney.

It's the same agenda either way and it's poison to our national sovereignty, our economic well being, our liberties, our reputation as a nation and as a people.

I'm not wasting anything by not voting for either of the globalit's stooges. I unlike you refuse to take an active part in the destruction of my own country any more by supporting either of these two traitors. By going along with the globalist's game you are the ones enabling them to destroy this country. I'll have no part in it any longer.

You all can go right on ahead supporting one of these traitors over the other without me this time around.

When the end of this country as we know it comes and it's coming on fast it's going to rest squarely on your shoulders not mine. In another thread Rev talked about a hammer being our only tool. Okay so use it. Use it to pound the last nail in the coffin of our republic. You got a right to vote for either nail so go vote for one.

17. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

You are if you do not actively encourage others to support someone else. If I remember right one of the presidents from the past was the result of a write in candidate. The one thing that really wins is the amount of money spent on football entertainment.