1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mitts Mormonism! Is It a Deal Breaker?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Dec 19, 2011.

?
  1. No

18 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Yes

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. It shouldn't make a difference, either way!

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  4. This is my opinion on a Mormon President....

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. drfuss

drfuss New Member

Mitt being a Mormon is better that Obama being a Secret Muslim. At least Mitt is honest about it.

2. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Don't know if Mitt holds to it, but the Mormon church does have an "official" position that they desire to raise up in leadership in government, as they predict an end times scenerio where they would need to 'step in" and save the day!

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

What are you talking about and how does this contradict what I said? What "fact checking" are talking about?

4. PeterM

PeterM Member

From everything I have heard in the debates and in various speeches, Romney does not come off as a strong mormon... for crying out loud he was willing to make a wager with Rick Perry for $10,000 on a nationally televised debate. I don't have mormon friends, but I have to think that this made quite a few mormons cringe.

Huntsman strikes me as the more traditional mormon, yet I would have no real issue casting my ballot for him, Romney, or Gingrich (Roman Catholic).

5. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

Romney's Mormonism is not a deal breaker for me. The deal breaker is his pro-choice position when running for Governor of Massachusetts. That is why i will not vote for him.

6. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You Are so Right...

....about this, if in fact he proves to be a Muslim. Only time will tell on this!

7. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I do not believe that Mormonism is a Christian Religion. That does not necessarily that there are not Christians in that movement.

That being said there is no way I will miss the opportunity to vote against Obama, the Lord willing!

8. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's easy. Bush - the one before Obama. He has a clear conversion and consistent testimony. He publicly and unashamedly confessed Christ to the nation multiple times in multiple media interviews.

Your "Jesus only" thinking isn't applicable. Wise men seek counsel and advice from multiple sources depending on what the difficulty might be faced. However, Bush has a reputation of seeking first the counsel and wisdom of God.

No more than Newt, Paul, or Roman noodles.

About as much as winning the lottery.

The US is a nation of failing and falling. There will be not one person who is elected that will be able to stem the rebuke God is meeting out upon this country.