1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MLB All-Star Game

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by 4His_glory, Jul 11, 2006.

1. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Well todays the day of the 2006 All-Star Game.

Who will win and why?

I say AL once again- the reason- pitching, pitching, pitching and did I say pitching.

2. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Are the managers still forced to play everybody? If so, that means Mark Redman is going to pitch and the "all-star" who has a 1:1 K/W ratio is goign to get lit up by the NL batters. I'm going with the NL to finally win one just because of this.

3. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Nope, there is not, nor has there ever been, a rule to play everyone.

4. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I say the AL 8-2

5. Brice

Brice New Member

He's probably referring to the implied rule that everyone should play. It's not on the book's, but it was and is still prevalent.

6. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Well at least the AL won, but they had to wait to the ninth inning to do so. The great hitting in the AL didn't show up till the end of the game, but even when playing bad, the AL still trumps the NL.

It will be interesting to see how the second half of the season shapes up. I think I heard last night that 20 teams are within 6 games of first place in their divisions. This should make for some great baseball, and I love the fact that the AL wildcard will most likely not come from the east, but the central, so maybe no Yankees in the playoffs!

7. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Now that's something that both Detroit and non-Detroit fans alike can get behind! :thumbs:

8. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

:applause: :applause: :applause:

9. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Two comments - being a Texas Ranger fan, I have always been a big fan of Mike Young, he is a great clutch hitter, and a great two strike hitter. When he went down 0-2 in the count I thought he would get the job done and he did.

The Rangers may not be able to make the playoffs but boy do they dominate in the all star mvp voting lately! blalock did not win it a couple years ago - but he should have with his two out go ahead HR in the ninth!

I heard that before the game ozzie was talking to his players telling him that not all of them would play, and if they didnt like it to get more fans to vote for them next year! Classic

10. PastorSBC1303

Maybe the Rangers coach should try to convince his players that each game is the All-Star game :)

Ozzie def has some great quotes.

11. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Maybe if they had Kenny Rogers back they could play like that!

12. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

I used to really like Kenny - like when he pitched the perfect game for the rangers, but for some reason the last couple of years here, he really lost it. Would not do interviews etc. I didnt see that the media treated him badly - but when he went after the camera man last year, it was the proverbial straw.

you guys are the beneficaries of a couple former ranger greats with kenny and pudge - I really hope that pudge does well the remainder of the season, he is a class guy, and it is fun to see a team like detroit that has had its problems doing well - would like to see that out of our home town boys as well!!

13. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

These guys are what pass for Ranger Greats? Rogers and Rodriguez? No wonder the Rangers have never won anything! :tongue3:

14. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Pudge and Rogers have both had good careers. Look at their numbers. They go on quitely doing what they are supposed to do and do it well. They certainly are a piece in the puzzle for turning Detroit around. Rogers gives the rest of the young pitching staff a maturity that is beyond their years. How else do you get a rookie like Verlander pitching not only with a bullet of a fastball, but also with the determination and coolness of a veteran? How else does Jeremy Bordernman go for 6 weeks only allowing two runs? Rogers is mentoring these young guns and that is one reason the Tigers have the best record in baseball right now.

A funny story I read recently concerning Rogers and Verlander. They were sitting in the dugout at Comerica Park when the PA annoucer mentioned a seinors day coming up. Verlander who is 21 turns to Kenny and says "hey does that mean you are pitching?".:laugh:

15. PastorSBC1303

:laugh: Thats a funny story.

Just curious though in this mentoring relationship when do they have a session on dealing with the media :thumbs: :saint: