1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MLB: the Midseason report

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by 4His_glory, Jun 25, 2006.

1. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Oops, that should be Dodgers over Mets. And I do know how to spell Cincinnati. I was typing with my 6 month old son in my lap and that sometimes presents difficulties.:smilewinkgrin:

2. Dave

Dave Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe you should have let him type in his predictions.:laugh:

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Some random thoughts on baseball:

-

4. PastorSBC1303

Sorry about the above post, it would not let me edit it.

Anyways here are my random thoughts on baseball:

- If the Cubs could play the Cardinals all year they would be in first place.

- If I was in the AL I would be watching out for the Twins. That pitching staff is on a roll. I would not want to face them in a playoff series.

- Here come the Yankees.

5. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Funny how things change, isn't it? It wasn't that long ago that most figured the Yanks would be on the outside looking in. I'm still not sold on their pitching though, even with Randy Freaking Johnson, and I'm also not sold on the Bobby Abreu "mega" deal being the awesome deal that the ESPN geniuses think it is. New York's problems haven't been on offense.

On the Red Sox side, David Wells was abysmal last night. Can anybody believe David Ortiz? I continue to be amazed by what he does late in games.

On the subject of the Twins, well, I'm just annoyed by Brad Radke. I had him to start the season on my fantasy team, and by the time I gave up on him, he'd already ruined my pitching stats and now he's pitching like he should have at the start of the season.

6. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

The geniuses at ESPN, and elsewhere, have declared that the AL East race is over, although the Red Sox are only 3 games out, albeit not looking so good after losing 2 games to Kansas City of all teams. The only thing decided this year is the NL East. All others are still up for grabs. And, it wasn't that long ago that the NL Central was decided, but the Cardinals have stumbled and the Reds are coming back.

I was thinking about it this morning, and the worst case scenario is if the Yankees and the Tigers meet in the ALCS. I wouldn't know who to root for. Root for the evil empire? Root for a Detroit team? No good can come of either of these. :smilewinkgrin:

7. PastorSBC1303

I will cheer for any team, including Detroit, against the Yankees.