1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MMF - Does it matter.. .

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by SaggyWoman, Nov 26, 2001.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

what we sing as long as it brings glory and honor to Jesus?

[ September 12, 2002, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: Aaron ]

2. Grace

Grace New Member

Depends, Can you understand the words? If you can't, how does that glorify God? This is a debate my sister and I have run into the ground.

3. Daniel

Daniel New Member

Uh, OH! Here we go again! Everybody ready? Get your Nikes on. Here we go.... :eek:

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

If I am singing the words, then of course, I can understand the words.

5. AdoptedDaughter

AdoptedDaughter New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Does it matter what we sing as long as it brings glory and honor to Jesus? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe that as long as the words are bringing glory to God then the style really shouldn't matter. Classical, Rock, and CCM can all bring glory to God as long as the heart is praising Him and the words are meant when sung.

If we say that certain styles of music aren't bringing glory to God and the lyrics clearly do, then we would be judging the intent of the heart, would we not?

The safest way to go is to say that as long as the singer is focused on God and their heart is praising Him and the lyrics' purpose is to praise God, then it doesn't matter how well (or awful), how loud or soft, how fast or slow the song goes. Praising God is a matter of the heart, not a matter of the stlye of music.

In Christ's gracious love,
    Teresa