1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MMF - Does it really matter?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by SaggyWoman, Sep 2, 2001.

1. superdave

superdave New Member

For Shame, You all drinking the leavened brew corrupted with the flavor of worldly processed sugar and colon clogging chemicals! Worldly Scum!

My lifestyle of purity demands Quadruple shots of black expresso for me, but than, I have as you know a 1 month old princess who is very social during the wee hours and enjoys good fellowship with her daddy over a bottle. Yesterday was a really good year! Similac has such a wonderful nose! :rolleyes:

As far as music goes. I think it is difficult musically to draw absolutes. I do think there are appropriate and innapropriate types of music for worship, and I think there is clearly a need for much discernment with music whether its in your hymnal (I don't know if y'all realize how much corrupt protestant doctrine there is in there) or on the CD's you buy at Family Bookstores. The real bottom line is "Does anyone care" And those of you who are passionate attackers of CCM, I am lumping you into this crowd. As much as you like to rail about the "If it feels good do it" group, "If it feels good don't do it" is no more biblical or holy as a method of choosing music!!! :eek:

2. Daniel

Daniel New Member

SuperDave: where have all the preachers gone? You know, the ones who preached holiness and righteousness. Where did all the standards of decency and appropriateness in worship go? Did they go "down the drain" with the rest of precious doctrine and holy worship? Huffing and puffing to the beat of various percussions patterns hardly seems to go with the awesome holiness and righteousness of God, does it? Tell me.....

[ September 07, 2001: Message edited by: B. J. Halo ]

3. Pioneer

Pioneer Guest

To answer the original question: It does matter what kind of music is used because most of what is called "Christian Music" doesn't even come close to glorifying and praising God. The so-called "praise and worship songs" are nothing more than worldly garbage wrapped up in a form of godliness but denying the power thereof.

4. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

We aren't talking about "rock" or outreach gimmicks now. Praise & Worship is "nothing more than worldly garbage wrapped up in a form of godliness but denying the power thereof". and "doesn't even come close to glorifying and praising God." Why? because it uses more than a piano or organ? Because it is not three or four "verses" and a refrain repeated after each verse? That is all that "glorifies God".
    While it may be true that some modern "praise" may be more it experience than theology, still, there are many old songs like that as well, and even musically, people upholding even older forms said pretty much the same things about what we call "traditional" toeday.

5. myreflection26

myreflection26 New Member

Daniel,

Huffing and puffing??? ROFL ok...that was a vision I really didn't want.<BLAH>

Pioneer,

honestly, yours was nothing but pure opinion so it doesn't even deserve response.

Sue

[ September 07, 2001: Message edited by: B. J. Halo ]

6. KeeperOfMyHome

KeeperOfMyHome New Member

Daniel, please edit your post as it seems to be offensive to some . . . if you don't, I will ask the moderator or administrator to do it for you. [​IMG]

Thanks kindly for understanding.

7. myreflection26

myreflection26 New Member

Please don't misunderstand me...I wasn't offended by Daniels choice of words, just thought it was humerous

sue

8. Daniel

Daniel New Member

Keeper: my apologies for any offense. I wasn't trying to be the least bit off-color, just descriptive. We must not have our heads in the sand over this music matter.

Sue (my reflection): glad you got a laugh out of it...we're too serious sometimes. I have purposely tried to make my posts on this thread a little more "over the edge" for the purpose of illustrating the absurd by being absurd (Yes, a little take off from Rush Limbaugh, you dittoheads!)

BTW, Sue: I must be bad--I have a girls' ensemble singing THY WORD (written by Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith) and LORD, I LIFT YOUR NAME ON HIGH in our evening service tomorrow. I must be a radical! Maybe it's all that HAZLENUT coffee? ;)

[ September 08, 2001: Message edited by: Daniel ]

9. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pioneer:
    To answer the original question: It does matter what kind of music is used because most of what is called "Christian Music" doesn't even come close to glorifying and praising God. The so-called "praise and worship songs" are nothing more than worldly garbage wrapped up in a form of godliness but denying the power thereof.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No disrespect intended, but I think a lot has to do with who is singing and who is doing the music... . .