1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MMF - Favorite Gospel Group

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Stephen, Aug 21, 2001.

1. Stephen

Stephen New Member

War-Eagle,
    Found another interesting bluegrass group.
    Larry Cordle & Lonesome Standard Time. Think they have a Gospel cd?
    BTW I'm still looking for that Cox Family cd.

Stephen
    I've never been disappointed in Him!

[ August 29, 2001: Message edited by: Stephen ]

2. KeeperOfMyHome

KeeperOfMyHome New Member

3. EPH 1:4

EPH 1:4 New Member

The Inspirations from Bryson City, NC are my favorite..even though I don't agree with all of their songs. The McKameys are also very good. [​IMG]

4. Stephen

Stephen New Member

Thanks Keeper for the address. I like that I was able to listen to short excerpts of a few cuts.

Stephen

5. War_Eagle

War_Eagle New Member

Stephen,

The reason you can't find the CD is that I gave you the wrong name. Do'oh! Sorry about that.

The correct name was "I Know Who Holds Tomorrow".

By the way, EmmyLou Harris has an awesome gospel album out called "Angel Band". Have you heard it?

Yes, I'm a big fan of Larry Cordle and LST. In fact, I'm going to see them and Blue Highway tomorrow at the Delaware Vally Bluegrass festival. We're also going to see Ralph Stanley, Ricky Skaggs and Rohnda Vincent at the festival tonight.

As far as I know, Larry Cordle (who's a committed Christian, btw. He and Ricky Skaggs talked openly about their faith on Mountain Stage two weeks ago) doesn't have a gospel album out yet but since every bluegrass band must put out at least one to be considered legit, it shouldn't be long.

6. Stephen

Stephen New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Yes, I'm a big fan of Larry Cordle and LST. In fact, I'm going to see them and Blue Highway tomorrow at the Delaware Vally Bluegrass festival. We're also going to see Ralph Stanley, Ricky Skaggs and Rohnda Vincent at the festival tonight. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh man ... Can I come too! Wonder how long it takes to drive fron South Georgia? [​IMG]

Wait I just remembered the Asst. Pastor at our Church is gettin hitched tonight. Gotta get my priorities right.
    Thanks for the name of the CD.

Stephen

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

So whats the difference between christian alternatiove and christian rock?
    I didn't know there was. Maybe it's my age.

Anyway I love Newsboys (can't too awful old), Michael W. Smith, Jars of Clay, Rebecca St. James. :D

8. myreflection26

myreflection26 New Member

War...mmmm Jennifer Knapp being pop? I would have to disagree with ya on that one, maybe mild alternitive but not pop.

No offense to anyone but I can't handle listening to McKamy's and certainly no offense to their ministry I'm sure they bless and reach many but I'm really really not into them at all. Thats how we're all different I suppose :D

Sue

9. Stephen

Stephen New Member

War Eagle ... I finally found that Alison Krause & Cox Family cd and I gotta thank you for letting me know about it. There is not a song on there that I don't like. One of the better ones is "everbody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die".
    Picked up Lonesome River Band too.

Stephen :D

10. War_Eagle

War_Eagle New Member

Stephen,

Glad you liked it. It's one of my favorites.

If you liked that one, you've really got to check out EmmyLou Harris' "Angel Band". One of the best gospel albums I've ever heard.

By the way, we had a great time at the Delaware Valley Bluegrass Festival.

It was a lot of fun to see how Ricky Skaggs and Ralph Stanley interacted with one another. There is a lot of affection between the two of them, almost like a father and son (Ricky's been with him since he was thirteen years old).

Sunday morning was gospel singing and featured many of the weekends acts.

I got to meet Dr. Ralph Stanley and tell him that my grandfather's favorite song was "Shouting on the Hills of Glory" and that when my grandfather died, we had an all day gospel sing and that he had asked us before he died to sing that at his funeral.

I told Dr. Ralph that I always cry when I hear the line from the song, "Oh, what a blessed reunion", because I think of my dad and my grandparents who I love and miss so much.

Later that night, he played the song and told the story that I'd told him. Ricky Skaggs said from the stage "That's the wonderful thing about the cross. Because of Jesus, we will have a blessed reunion so even though we're singing about 'Shouting on the Hills of Glory', they're livin' it."

It was very nice and their portion of the show was great.