1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MMF - Hell's Bells

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Aaron, Sep 25, 2001.

1. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Barnabas:

So it seems that you have pretty much made up your mind about the truthfulness of Hell's Bells2 - The Dangers of Rock 'n' Roll, right? :(
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO!
    I was simply commenting that a lot of propaganda is released for the purposes of good intentions that stretches things a little bit far---just like the old "backwards recording" thing--yes, maybe somebody did it once or twice, but it was then said that all secular music had messages designed to place Satanic messages in our minds. All my point was that unless I see it and can verify what I see, I will be a skeptic because I have been known to hear some tidbit about a Satanic cult or something--spread it around only to find out I have been made out to be a monkey because I was wrong and spread a rumor.

I also actually said something that I disagree with myself and that is -- if music is really "rock" (heavy metal) and has Christian lyrics, I do not agree with that. I even have problems with a LOT of the secularized popular Christian music because (and this is my doctrinal basis) it glorifies the singer/s and NOT God. Sorry, bout that. I didn't mean to sound like I was agreeing OR disagreeing with it--I simply was stating that I an a natural skeptic about a lot of things like that. It doesn't mean the writers don't have good intentions, but if it contains stretches of truth, then the tape itself is my disagreement. If it doesn't, then-no problem. This doesn't reflect how I feel about the music myself.

2. Jeep Brain

Jeep Brain New Member

Rock does not = sin

Even if that were the case I am getting a feeling like the cristian community wouldn't even touch the industry.

I know there are alot of Hipocryts in the industry but at the same time there are cristian artists working in the industry trying to make a change from within. I just don't enjoy people judging when its not there place... That is left to God. Instead of frowning down on the sinners in the rock industry try to show them the light. Peace - Mike