Mock NBA draft for 5/23/06

Discussion in 'Sports' started by thjplgvp, May 12, 2006.

1. thjplgvp

thjplgvp
    Expand Collapse

About.com has posted their first round mock-draft for the NBA.

http://probasketball.about.com/od/nbadraft/a/nbamockdraft061.htm

They have Tyrus Thomas going to the Bulls with the #2 pick at PF I think that is a good fit seeing sweatney and Harrington have not panned out. Morrison going to Char. at #3 I don't see it happening uless they are going to try and trade him. They already have, Jones, Ely, May, Wallace, Robinson what are they going to do with another 3/4?

They are showing Redick going to Orlando at #11 I was hoping he would end up at 14 and Utah, his hard nosed play would fit well with J. Sloan and I am not sure he has the speed to play in Orlando's system. Besides I thought Orlando was doing well with Nelson and Stevenson.

The Cavs may have a steal with Farmer going at 25? He is a much better PG than many give him credit for.

And for you Hoosier's what a great pick at 17 6'11" 236lb a future superstar if they can sign him. Here is a Dirk that can finish and play D.

What do you all think?

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

The Bulls def need a big man. Hopefully with 2 picks in the first round they can get one to come in and help right away. That mock draft has them taking a PG with their 2nd pick, I don't see that happening. With Hinrich and Duhon they have 2 solid PGs, they need help in other areas.

3. webdog

webdog
    Expand Collapse

As a Cavs fan, I'll take Farmer in a heartbeat [​IMG]

4. thjplgvp

thjplgvp
    Expand Collapse

SBC I tend to agree they seem to have a good supply of PG's but given their recent history with PG's you never know? :D

5. ccrobinson

ccrobinson
    Expand Collapse

I think you make a good point, but unless the Bulls get bigger in the frontcourt, they're not going to do anything except continue to make first round playoff exits. I think the only reason the Bulls even made the playoffs is because their head coach is Scott Skiles.

6. Convicted by the Spirit

Convicted by the Spirit
    Expand Collapse

Aldridge has the talent ... no doubts. But talent without the will to win is nothing. I don't like him as the number 1 pick. Reddick is way too high. I see him early 20's. Marcus Williams is too low.

Thr Rockets need either a good power forward or a combo guard. I would like to see them take Williams at PG or Brandon Roy from Washington. Roy is a great talent. Shelden Williams might be an okay pickup but I was not too impressed with his time at Duke. Ideal would be Bargnani from Italy.

This years draft is a bit different than most because their is no clear cut number 1 pick. Its a draft full of above average players.

The Bulls just need a big man, Thomas is their guy.

7. Convicted by the Spirit

Convicted by the Spirit
    Expand Collapse

Here is another opinion of the up coming draft.

http://www.nbadraft.net/

Its always good to see someone from your home town get noticed on Draft day ... See Dwayne Mitchell ... UL-laf.

8. thjplgvp

thjplgvp
    Expand Collapse

Convicted I don't think Roy will be there after the 5th pick . Unless I miss my guess he Morrison and Bragnani will both drop a couple of spots which will allow Roy to move up. I think he could go to Atlanta or Char. unless Atlanta pulls the trigger and trades Harrington then Roy will probably stay in the 6 or 7 spot.

The pole shows Reddick to Chi town with their second pick and I don't think that will ever happen I still think Reddick will go to Utah that would be the ideal spot for him. Methodical, a lot of picks and spot shooting.

9. Convicted by the Spirit

Convicted by the Spirit
    Expand Collapse

We will find out tonight where each team picks. I am hoping the Rockets don't get the number 1 pick. I don't want to get embarrassed again in a draft day.

10. thjplgvp

thjplgvp
    Expand Collapse

Looks like Toronto gets first shot and they need guards though they are fairly solid but James wants to go to Houston. :eek:

What is Chi Town going to do with #2 'oh the agony of choice" if they give up on Chandler and go big they will probably pay for it in a couple of years when he grows into dominating player everyone is looking for (remember Port. and J. O'neal).

I still think Roy will move up especially with Char going to 3 and Atlanta dropping to 5.

11. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

The Bulls will have a chance to get one of the two big men they supposedly want. But I also wouldn't put it past them to go after Roy. He is a Paxson and Skiles type of player. Then they could go for a big man with their 2nd first round pick and in free agency.

They are in a great position now. They are a playoff team that pushed the Miami Heat. They have 2 first round picks this year plus the option to swap picks with the NY Knicks next year.