1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Modern evangelism has ignored the book of Acts

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, May 11, 2013.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hogwash. People read that passage and interpret it to say that they must get Tatoo's, play movies in church, become surfers, skate boarders and do all they can to win the lost. Hogwash.. Such a approach DENIES THE SUFFICIENCY of the Bible!!!! (Psa 19).

Paul meant was that in third world countries we are to do all we can not to offend regarding culture customs. This woman is in America (my country) and I am not in Mongolia.

2. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But in a way you may be correct. I do not witness to my family members the same as I witness on the streets. Okay your point is taken. But on the streets The Way of the Master is the best way to do Biblical Evangelism!

3. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excuse me? Have I said any of these things? No I haven't. Have I meant any of these things? No, I haven't. I am not one of those "people" you are talking about. I am a veteran missionary, and I have been talking about how an Asian person thinks, which is according to their social mores--Confucianism in most of Asia.

A humble response from you would have been to ask me what I believed contextualization was and how it should operate. After all, I've been doing it and thinking about it for 32 years in Japan. And God has saved many Japanese in those years.

So, are you really interested in this woman's salvation, or would you rather justify yourself and feel persecuted?
    Athens, Greece was not a third world country, and that is where Acts 17 took place. It was the cultural center of all the Roman Empire. So your point is fallacious.
    So are you saying that we should not offend those in third world countries, but we can offend those from first world countries all we want to? And by the way, Mongolia is pretty much a third world country.
    This is an arrogant statement. With this you are saying to her, "You are in my country, so it doesn't matter what your culture is, I can ignore it and offend you all I want when I give you the Gospel."

#23 John of Japan, May 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2013
  4. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

The best way to do evangelism on the streets depends upon who is on the streets and where the streets are.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I know numerous people who street evangelism wouldn't have reached. For some it is antagonistic.

6. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am no Arminian and hold to a more Reformed view on evangelism. Perhaps this is a the key difference between me and some here. God brings the converts and he first expects us to "preach the word, Mk 16:15").