1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Modernism

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Mark Osgatharp, Apr 6, 2003.

1. jwinter

jwinter Guest

Mark Osgatharp

Perhaps I could point you to someone that has struggled with and written a book about this very subject:

Christianity & Liberalism by J. Gresham Machen

Machen was excommuted from the Presbyterian church in the 1920's over this very matter of Modernism (He called it Liberalism). He died in 1937 at the height of his ministry.

From the book "The modern liberal preacher reverences Jesus; he has the name of Jesus forever on his lips; he speaks of Jesus as the supreme revelation of God,...., Jesus for him is an example for faith, not the object of faith."

This web site contains Machen's book

http://www.tracts.ukgo.com/page13.htm

2. rufus

rufus New Member

Nope!!!!

rufus :)0)

3. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Mark Osgatharp said,
    "Being deceived is no excuse, for those who earnestly seek the Lord will not be deceived. If Luther was deceived it is because he didn't love the truth enough to find it."

I guess anyone who disagrees with your doctrine just hasn't loved the truth enough, like you do, to find it.

Give me a break. This is a good example of self-righteousness.