1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Modest Swimwear?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by AF Guy N Paradise, Feb 12, 2004.

1. donnA

donnA Active Member

I didn't say it had anything to do with modesty, or morality. So your actually putting words in my mouth.

If you'll read again his quotes, you'll notice it was about her weight. From these remarks it fully well appears this woman is being made fun of.

What I said about bikinis is that if it is alright for one woman to wear one it is alright for this woman to wear one(I wouldn't but thats another story). His objections were not about him thinking bikinis were wrong, but about this womans weight.

Sularis
    These comments are extremely offensive. I'm sorry people are so crude they do not think so.

2. Karen

Karen Active Member

I didn't say it had anything to do with modesty, or morality. So your actually putting words in my mouth.
    ...........These comments are extremely offensive. I'm sorry people are so crude they do not think so. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Not an attempt to put words in your mouth, but partially misunderstanding what you were saying and partly responding to the whole thread. Glad you clarified.
    I hope you will reflect on comments such as "sorry people are so crude". Such comments make it difficult to discuss the issues rather than just becoming personal, so I will now bow out.

Karen

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

People who feel thay have to make fun of others like that are crude.

4. Sularis

Sularis Member

Yes I said the outfit doesnt matter - its whats in the outfit taht matters for me

As to the lady in flesh-coloured bikini - I THOUGHT she was naked, well topless since the bikini obviously covered enough of her bum to make its existence known, and being topless is legal up here

There are men who think fat women are attractive - I am not one of them - chubby is nice, rolls of fat over rolls of fat uh uh - I think its sad or disgusting that someone let themselves get that fat - that is such abuse of ones body that is criminal and sinful - I mean Im abusing my body and Im at 230 pounds well ok 220 now that woman had rolls over rolls of fat - I started to do that at 250 as did my brother - but the amount that lady had is and was disgusting

5. atestring

atestring New Member

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

While people are defending this I hope they saw this
    Nearly naked or even naked women are alright, as long as they are skinny, he ideal of something to lust at.

And again, mocking this woman, instead of wondering what hurt she has that would drive her to that, and then praying for her spiritual healing.

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hurt feelings all around. Time to stop this thread which is just treading water now anyway.