1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Modesty

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by gerald285, Dec 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Ya' mean there's more than 'ten'? :eek:

Ed

2. gerald285

gerald285 New Member

Hello tinytim,
    I am not sure where you got the idea that robes and sandles are called for biblical atire. You might want to give me that scriptire.

As oo proclaiming a false teaching I have not done. I have only posted scripture verses. You can reject them if you like, thhat is your choice.

2Cr 5:17 Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I know the Bible speaks against women wearing men's clothe but I don't recall anything regarding Men wearing women's clothe...

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Didn't you see Mel Brookes, History of the World when Moses dropped one of the tablets and changed his sentence from 15 to 10 commandments?

5. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Sorry, never saw that. :laugh: :laugh:

Ed

6. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Still waiting.

7. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

:laugh: :laugh: Thanks for the laughs! I have been cracking up over some of these posts. Man, I needed that. BTW, that 1st website Gerald posted is great! I never realized a burka, (20% erotic), or a nun's clothing (eroticism 10%), were less modest than a simple, short-sleeved, floor length, loose black dress. I mean really hand and wrists are more "erotic" than ankles and arms!?! Who came up with the eroticism %'s? :laugh: This is great stuff!

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Gerald,
    You would look very nice dressed up as Carmen Miranda.

9. donnA

donnA Active Member

So you believe you are complete as you are, and you are exactly the same now as the day you were saved? You haven't grown or changed one bit since that first day?
    Then you have a serious problem.

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Amen to that.

11. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Now wait! The wealthier had an under garment as well.

12. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Isn't it only the older spiritually mature who have the right face, race, and lace?

13. Lilith

Lilith New Member

"Those who matter don't mind. And those who mind don't matter."

As a human race we can only find true peace in tolerance and understanding. But because we're human, most of us can't find tolerance to begin with. So to be apathetic towards others injustful actions of bigotry and disdain, would bring a better understanding of a peaceful world without such hatred. True friends don't treat each other like that anyway.

14. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Sorry Sarcasm

Since posting the things I did several pages ago I have watched what should have been a godly discussion on how to attain a biblical,god-honoring standard of modesty and decency among BELIEVERS IN CHRIST degenerate into another one of those classic Baptist Board sarcasm sessions with the majority of the posters slinging "mud" or god dishonoring sarcasm at several such as Gerald or myself who simply want to see purity in the Body of Christ that would set us apart from this godless world and honor the Lord. I think most of the sarcasstic remarks would probably just be attempts by many to shake off guilt or conviction for loose living that may be comfortable and pleasing to our FLESH but a major source of displeasure and reproach to our loving Saviour. I personally believe that the only reason most of us are even still here (including myself)is due to the longsuffering,mercy and GRACE of our loving Lord. The sarcasm is also the most prominent reason that I don't post in here very often. Sometimes I feel as if I need a bath when I leave. The really sad thing is that I am 100% sure that lost people who desperately need the Lord get in here and read this stuff and see that many of us are no different from them. God Help Us.We need to live Godly lives in front of the world both IN and OUTSIDE. We must stand out as different because we may be the only Bible some of these precious souls may "read"unless and until they open their hearts to the Living Word..the Lord Jesus Christ.:praying:

15. Lilith

Lilith New Member

That's the thing about you Christians. Well, most of you...You don't have a sense of humor. And that's what drives most people away from Christianity.

16. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Gregory Perry Sr., I am still waiting for answer to this question. How can you expect a serious discussion if you and Gerald won't answer a basic question?

17. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Might I suggest a .....

[​IMG]

I think you may be waiting a while. :thumbsup:

18. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I think you're right. Wonder why that is?? :sleep: :sleep:

19. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Scripture? OK..Here it is..

Amy, I won't speak for Gerald but as for me (and my wife) we base our desire for modesty in women (in particular) primarily on 1 Timothy 2 and verses 9 & 10 which read "In like manner also,that women adorn themselves in modest apparel,with shamefacedness and sobriety;not with broided hair,or gold,or pearls,or costly array;But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works." See also 1 Peter 3:1-4(while modesty isn't directly addressed,godly appearance IS). Now IF these were the only verses in the Bible that dealt with modesty in dress then they ALONE would be enough to "rest the case" since we are talking about the Word of God.And oh...by the way,since it is now 12:04 AM East Coast Time....HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! God Bless Us as we seek Him and try to faithfully serve Him to Whom we owe all.

Greg Perry Sr.:saint:

20. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Happy new year to you as well! Now, the verse you quoted in 1 Timothy actually deals with wealthy women flaunting their wealth, so you have taken that one out of context to try and prove your point. That verse cannot be used to prove what style of dress a woman should wear.
    As for 1 Peter 3:1-4, you have also taken that one out of context in the same way. That scripture is talking about outward beauty as compared to inward beauty. Has nothing to do with hemlines.
    You are going to have to do better than that to make your case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.