1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mom Admits Killing 2 Sons...

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, May 12, 2003.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Mom admits killing 2 sons

NEWS WIRE SERVICES
    (This is from the New York Daily Times)

NEW CHAPEL HILL, Tex. - A mother told a 911 dispatcher, "I've just killed my boys" yesterday after she allegedly murdered two of her sons.
    Deanna Laney was charged with capital murder in the deaths of Joshua Laney and Luke Laney, whose bodies were found in a shadowy corner of their front yard.

The boys, ages 8 and 6, were found in their underwear with large rocks on top of them. Their 14-month-old brother was found bloodied but alive in his crib. He had a pillow over his head and massive head injuries, police said.

Deputy James Finch said the woman's husband, Keith Laney, appeared to have just awakened from sleep in a bedroom when law enforcement officials arrived. Finch said he asked Keith Laney to remain inside while he went outside to find Deanna Laney. She was still on the phone and standing behind the house in blood-soaked pajamas.

Smith County Sheriff J.B. Smith said he believed the boys were led outside before they were killed.

Deanna Laney, 38, was jailed on charges of capital murder and aggravated assault. Bail was set at $3 million.

A telephone call to the Laney residence Saturday night went unanswered.

In the Yates case, the mother said she had killed her children to keep the devil from getting them.

In the Laney case, she said God told her to kill her boys.

2. bobfrgsn

bobfrgsn New Member

Aside from the fact that the Yates tradegy was in the context of a fundamentalist church scenario that insisted on God's hierarchy for the family ... how does this tradegy affect Baptist?

3. j_barner2000

j_barner2000 Member

If someone is saying "God told me to do it" then it affects all Christians. That is so very sad.

4. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

Do you honestly not know or is this just another blood pressure raising attempt.
    Murph

5. Mitsy

Mitsy New Member

From what I've read, the Laneys attended the First Assembly of God Church in nearby Tyler, Texas where the pastor was this woman's brother-in-law. The church does have a web site, so it isn't a "fringe" group that has extremist views which was somewhat insinuated with the Yates case where the man the Yates' adopted as a "pastor" seemed to be behind some of their religious beliefs.

www.firstassemblyofgod-tyler.com