1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Moment of Silence

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by TennisNE1, Sep 3, 2006.

1. TennisNE1

TennisNE1 Member

In times like these, though our hearts are breaking, we have to find a reason to go on living. What gives me an iota of comfort today is the realization that I have been blessed above most people in that I have actually been touched by greatness. My life, as well as yours, will never be the same again. I find myself wondering...when will I ever be able to take off this sack cloth and ashes, it's too terrible to think about. Will there ever be another? Who will fill this horrible void? What will life be like for us now? Can we survive??? Please join me in a moment of silence for one of the most awesome tennis players ever.....ANDRE AGASSI!!!!!

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I am not that big of a tennis fan, but I did always enjoy Andre. I watched part of his last match today and I wish him well.

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Agassi's retirement signals the end of an era in tennis.

4. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Making a huge statement here, so forgive me if you disagree: Agassi has had more impact on modern tennis than anyone else. How it's played, the style (including clothing), etc.
    People like Conners and Sampras were a great players, Agassi was a great player, personality and ambassador for the sport.
    It's going to be hard to watch tennis again for a while i think, for me at least.