1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mom's Night Out

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by abcgrad94, May 10, 2014.

1. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We went to see it last night. It was very funny, a bit over-the-top, and a good family comedy movie. It depicts moms and the stresses they face.

It was not on the same level as Courageous or Fireproof, though. I was a bit disappointed that the movie was much less spiritual, and little edgier than those other movies, until I realized that Moms' Night Out was not produced by Sherwood Baptist Church. It is faster paced and includes some mild violence with a few mentions of God tossed in. We loved Fireproof and Courageous so much we purchased the DVD's. We won't be doing that with Mom's Night Out.

It's a great stress relief comedy, and as long as you view it in that light instead of as a "spiritual" movie with a distinct godly message, you'll enjoy it.

Anybody else go see it? What were your thoughts?

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I haven't seen it but I have heard that it's definitely a fun, cute movie. They didn't bill it as a Christian movie at all like the other movies were so I think they are looking to get into a broader audience - yet bring the truth of Christians out there. That we are normal people with the same struggles as them and yet God is real in our lives even in the mundane. I'd like to go see it sometime but honestly, I hardly ever go to the movies!

3. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

I definitely want to see it! Everyone I have heard from who has seen it has enjoyed it. Glad you liked it, ABC!