1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Monergism

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by glad4mercy, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul stated that ALL we need top do is receive Jesus by faith to get saved, do you believe Paul?

2. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Suppose you had a box, If you look inside the box it tells you that you are saved and have eternal life.

If I have to CHECK the box, I am already sinning not trusting, not having faith in God.

Salvation is not the priority. When God commands I don't say well does this command give me anything?

God can command of me something that spells out certain doom and I'm going to do it because he said do it.

I'm not worried about whether I get salvation or not, I concentrate on doing what God says to do.

Original sin, we say one is dung covered snow rather then snow covered dung.

We say your good covered by evil that is cleansed off by Jesus. Rather then your evil given a good T-shirt/name tag and just passed for good.

"And how do we get saved then?."

Jesus Christ gives the PERFECT answer to that question.

Luke 10

25And a lawyer stood up and put Him to the test, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” 26And He said to him, “What is written in the Law? How does it read to you?” 27And he answered, “YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND; AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.” 28And He said to him, “You have answered correctly; DO THIS AND YOU WILL LIVE.”

Notice the Lawyer is not born again or saved, Jesus is telling him how to get there.

Then the Lawyer pushes for Limited Atonement, Only qualified elect are neighbors.

And Jesus destroys it with Good Samaritan.

Only someone who needs a license to sin, that is a he has a sin he doesn't want to get rid of, will undermine Jesus Christ here and hop to twisted version of Romans.

Pretend the gospel is not found in the gospels. Its why its called the gospels!

People try to hide what Jesus says to do with who he is and what you are.

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What do we have to do in order to know that right now are saved/have eternal life?

4. utilyan

Site Supporter

Sure I believe Paul.

Listen to yourself. "All we need to DO."

You need to clear up what you mean by saved vs justified.

One can argue you were justified declared elect at the foundation. And if you think both mean the same thing, Then there is nothing you can DO nor RECIEVE to be saved because you were never in a unjustified condition.

Jesus Christ said your justified by what you say:

Matthew 12
    37“For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Jesus Christ says Love God and Love neighbor gets you to salvation.

He doesn't say salvation gets you love God and Love neighbor, that would be backwards.

Do you believe Jesus? or do you believe BACKWARDS?

5. utilyan

Site Supporter

Luke 10

25And a lawyer stood up and put Him to the test, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” 26And He said to him, “What is written in the Law? How does it read to you?” 27And he answered, “YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND; AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.” 28And He said to him, “You have answered correctly; DO THIS AND YOU WILL LIVE.”

Do you believe Jesus Christ?

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is an answer to one trusting to save Himself by good works!
    Biblical answer is to receive Jesus by faith , and to rely JUST upon Him to save you!

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rebirth happens when we get Justified, when we receive Jesus by faith , not ewe get Baptized or anything other!

8. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Spot on!

9. utilyan

Site Supporter

Oh so you don't believe Jesus?

I believe the way JESUS CHRIST SAYS! not the way Satan says.

I didn't say a word just what Jesus says. And look how you turn it down.

Luke 10

Do you believe Jesus Christ?

10. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Show scripture that tells us why you believe as you do/
    MB

11. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you ever known anyone who doesn't sin any longer?

So in your view you believe that the devil made them sin. How convenient. The devil made them do it . If the devil make us sin then why are we held responsible?
    MB

12. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scripture please?
    MB

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They sin due to their very natures, ad als t choices!
    All outside of Christ under Dimenion of Satan, just blind to ta truth!

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus came unto His own, they choose to remain in darkness and avoid Hislight!

ONLY those whom the Father gave to Jesus to be savd were the ones that came unto HIm to get saved!

Natural, unsaved sinners, cannot discern spiritual trut, they are blind to it!

15. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you really believe that verse has any thing to do with what you claim.
    Jesus came to His own and they rejected Him. What you didn't know is the Jews at that time were the only elect and they chose to go there own way. Imagine that the very elect shown by you to actually have a choice.
    MB

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not ALL israel though was spiritual Israel of that time, as there were only a faitful remnant chosen out by God that received Christ!

17. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, absolutely I believe Him. Off you go, just keep those two simple commandments, constantly and perfectly, and you can barge your way into heaven, pick up your heart and play. Who needs Jesus Christ when he's like Mary Poppins, practically perfect in every way?

On the other hand you might just realise that you don't keep either of these commandments at all regularly and certainly not perfectly, and you might come to the conclusion that you need a Saviour. Which is, of course the whole purpose of the conversation and the parable that followed- to convict this lawyer (and thereby us) of his inability to keep the law and his need to trust in Christ for salvation..

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, as he was showing to us in that passage that NONE are right enough to earn right to heaven, save for God Himself!

Jesus affirmed that he was God in those verses, and that no works can save us, as none can fully keep the Law!

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The worst part is that God demands that our very thoughts stay always pure and holy all our lives, how about trying that out?

20. utilyan

Site Supporter

He said:
    “You have answered correctly; DO THIS AND YOU WILL LIVE.”
    GAME OVER.

The Good Samaritan is just icing on the cake because under your theology the Samaritan is damned and incapable, while Jesus points him as perfect example.

Jesus even says:

37And he said, “The one who showed mercy toward him.” Then Jesus said to him, “Go and do the same.”

“Go and do the same.”

Calvinist Jesus would never have said that.