1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Moral Law vs Civil Law

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: I believe that if one were to speak despairingly of following something to the ‘letter of the law’ one would not be addressing the outward action in particular, but rather one would be judging a wrong intent driving the outward action. It would be as to say ones motivation for doing it, or the intent behind it, would be in line with selfishness and not love towards God and their fellowman.

In dealing with actions that are moral in nature, outward actions are nothing more or less than the necessitated consequences of intents formed within the heart of man. Morality, or praise and blame in any moral sense, is always in light of the intent of the heart. Apart from intent, no morality can be predicated of an action and no punishment or reward properly meted out.

2. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

If I obey all speed limits, I will lose my job, and my family will suffer. Guaranteed. But that is not going to happen. I'm still going to drive as I do now, with a completely clean conscience, and it is up to you legalists on here to deal with it.

#42 hillclimber1, Jan 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2007
  3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

When there obvious flaws in the road system (or whateverr) we petition the city council (if that is their jurisdiction), and in time it usually gets changed. There is an answer for everything, and a reason for everything.

4. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

If I obey all speed limits, I will lose my job, and my family will suffer. Guaranteed. But that is not going to happen. I'm still going to drive as I do now, with a completely clean conscience, and it is up to you legalists on here to deal with it.by the hillclimber"1"

Another off the wall definition of "legalist."

5. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

The trucking industry is in non-stop talks with regulators. California doesn't care. The last batch of trucking rules resulted from a lawsuit brought against DOT over truckers "Hours of service". It was a Jr. High (I think) girls class project, with help from her father, and it has resulted if great hardship for truckers. This particular one is not allowing truckers enough time to get there. (over simplification)

And for the last time, I'm tired of this matter, and your tone. You go ahead and preach your sermon 2 or 3 times a week and I'm out there, unable to fellowship except the occasional Wed. night. It's tough enough being a trucker, dealing with bad tempered people all day and most nights, while trying to provide for my family, and then face this crap on here from supposedly like minded Christian people. I've had all I can take of this holier than thou attitude. I'm sick of it.