1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Moral responsibility for my vote

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by rsr, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes, so that the GOP could lose in it's usual genteel way!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At least the Republican Party would not have betrayed its values.

Of course, some people believe that winning is everything because that's how you get power. But to sacrifice Christian ethics for the pursuit of earthy power is against the way of Christ. As Christians, we should not pursue power at any cost:

Matthew 20:25-28
    “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles dominate them, and the men of high position exercise power over them. It must not be like that among you. On the contrary, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first among you must be your slave; just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life—a ransom for many.”

3. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Hillary filling the Supreme Court. Let THAT sink in......

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She can nominate, but nominees have to be confirmed. So there are methods to stop a bad nominee.

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Confused

:rolleyes:

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

One of the most narcissistic men to ever grace a political podium controlling the military of the US while also maintaining control over our nuclear weapons.

Let THAT sink in.

A lot of things can be controlled. But there will be no controlling of a super narcissist made into the most powerful man in the world.

7. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

There's zero chance Hillary would nominate a good (i.e. conservative) judge. She could easily nominate a sleeper-activist who poses to Congress as a moderate to win approval. Also, she has a strong chance of getting to replace Kennedy, one of moderates, who's in his 80s.

Even with the seat remaining empty, the court leans decisively Left. So, Hillary won't feel the need to rush. She can drag it, while collecting Supreme Court victories, out and make the Republicans look like obstructionists if they don't capitulate to a bad judge.

But, look who I'm talking too... someone who insists slavery is freedom and freedom is slavery.

8. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wait, you have been complaining about "activist" judges, but now you want your own right-wing activist judge? As for me, I don't want ANY activist judges.

As far as being "zero chance", Obama has nominated what appears to be a good judge, but Republicans don't want the nomination to be considered for political reasons.

All judges can become something other than what the President who nominated them intended.

Kennedy was a Reagan nominee, which perfectly illustrates what I just said. And what's wrong with being moderate?

Well Republicans ARE being obstructionists. They came up with a historical reason to deny consideration of Obama's appointment, then had to modify it a number of times because of a pesky thing called facts, and then have apparently abandoned any pretense and just refused to allow the process to go forward. If they had Garland in there, some of the recent decisions may not have gone the way they did. Garland is NOT a left-winger.

I simply need to call that what it is. A lie. A malicious, Christ-dishonoring lie.

You can't put together a coherent argument, so you just attack those with whom you disagree. Shameful.

9. Jkdbuck76

Site Supporter

Both are awful for the country, Zaac.

I however think that loading up the SCOTUS with a majority of LIVING BREATHING DOCUMENT believers will spell the end of our Constitutional Republic.

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Putting a narcissistic, power hungry, unpredictable person in the office might do the same and at a much quicker rate.

The Body of Christ has got to recognize that you don't fight evil by supporting more evil.

As a follower of Jesus Christ, He has to be my first solution every time. Not a Presidential candidate. Not SCOTUS justices. But Jesus Christ.

I am commissioned first and foremost to make disciples who obey everything that He commands.

That's the solution from God. And if a Presidential candidate comes along who can help make disciples, then I'll support that candidate.

But if from my pov, you're not a lover of Christ and of other people out of the overflow of your love for Christ, and if you're okay with killing human life inside the womb or outside, you will not receive my support.

We, the Body of Christ, dictate the decline or advance in society towards the Way of Christ. As long as we're okay with thinking Presidents or other men are the key, then we will be left with a table of candidates like we have now because it's what we deserve for continually looking to men and THEIR way instead of the way Christ has already given.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

11. Jkdbuck76

Site Supporter

Zaac, here's the scary part: we're going to find out all too soon.....Hillary or Trump in charge.

12. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If any of that about your sloe agenda of serving Christ here on this board were true you wouldn't be constantly attacking Trump for Hillary's sake while denying it and coming to her defense at every turn.

...and save your spew of justifying your taking sides by claiming your sick twisted logic that 2 wrongs makes right of not standing up against the murder of our unborn.

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I know Jkd. But again, it's of our own making and we just can't seem to get that WE are the impetus for this.

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Man go sit your and your partisan stupidity down somewhere. Trump's foolishness is pointed out because it's foolish. Hillary has got her own brand of foolishness. You and the GOP just want to make things an issue that ain't an issue with folks with good sense. I'd defend Trump if he were partisanly attacked about nothing. He just tweets before anyone can come to his defense and places two feet in his mouth. Ain't no defense for the indefensible and someone who doubles down on it being their stance.
    And save your spew of even speaking the foolishness that you do. You don't fool me with this whole abortion thing while proudly advocating the murder of adults. You can go have two seats with your logic and Donald Trump over in the ridiculously anti- character of God corner that's reserved for such foolishness.

15. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The only way to begin taking you seriously on these things is to get the right answer to this question: Have you ever voted before?

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Yep. Voted for HW in '88. Wrote in one of my professors back in 92 and 96.Voted for Bush in 2000. Was about to vote for him in 2004 until he declared internationally three times, even after being reprimanded by Billy Graham and some others, that Christians and Muslims serve the same god.:Cautious Wrote in Huckabee in 2008. Wrote in Perry in 2012 (what was I thinking).:Biggrin

17. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zaac, I suggest you make this post your new sig. It would save a lot of useless ad hom's from being hurled against you in the future regarding you being a leftist, Democrat in lockstep with Obama and Hillary!

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

ITL, you know that the same old same olds will want to see the ballots as proof.:Laugh

19. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You previously said, "One of the most narcissistic men to ever grace a political podium controlling the military of the US while also maintaining control over our nuclear weapons." And you don't think those you claim to have voted for are "narcissistic?" I would say any politician is narcissistic, as any athletic champion is competitive.Are you, perhaps, comparing Trump to Ty Cobb, who was competitive to the max such that he spilled blood by ramming his spikes into fielders and slugged or kicked whoever he saw as in his way?

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Nope. At least not to the degree of Mr. Trump.

Look I know that you and a whole lot of folks are as much #AlwaysGOP as others are #neverTrump. I get it. You want your party nominee to win. I have no allegiance to any party. I do however have an allegiance to Jesus Christ and making sure that I, in my decision making, present to the world a follower of His concerned with what He is concerned.

I couldn't say that if I supported Donald Trump to be elected to lead the country. Everything that he has presented himself to be runs contrary to the character of Jesus.

But rest assured. Hillary is pro- choice to kill babies so she can't have my support either.

• Like Like x 1