1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Morality and Enhanced Interrogation Techniques

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Apr 28, 2009.

1. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Selective morality and political posturing!

FROM HERE

2. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Blame enough to go around?

FROM COMMENTS APPEARING ON THIS BLOG

#22 windcatcher, Apr 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2009
  3. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

FROM HERE

"It's very interesting that people are talking so freely," Pelosi said.
    Out of her own mouth! Isn't it though?

4. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God is in control. I don't have to play the odds of what is most likely to happen first with Bin Laden. I know that whatever happens to him, it will work together for the good of the elect of God, for those who are called according to His purpose.

The most successful way to accomplish that is to conform our thinking, by renewing of our minds, to what God has revealed in His Word. His Word tells us not to repay evil for evil. His Word tells us to pray for those who persecute, who despitefully use us.

His Word tells us not to be conformed to the world, but to be transformed, to be set apart, to be different.

Let the ungodly "splatter their brains against the cave walls".

Let Christians seek peace with all men, and walk in a manner worthy of our profession of faith.

peace to you:praying:

5. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    I follow the Prince of Peace, the Lord of Lords, Almighty God.

Jesus said, "Blessed are the peace makers".

sag38 says "Pacifists are baffling and dangerous".

I'll follow what Jesus says.

6. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I consider myself a Christian first and an American second, a distant second. I don't accept the statement "My country right or wrong." Do you?

7. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok, I'll call the Navy SEAL DEVGRU group and tell them that they can stop looking, you've got it all under control. :thumbs:

Is "His Word" in the old testament totally null and void? God didn't exactly shy away from violence then.

Also, being persecuted for religion isn't exactly the same as letting innocent people die for no reason just because they're citizens of a particular country.

8. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    I said Almighty God has it under control. You, apparently, disagree with God's management of the Bin Laden issue.
    Once again, you ignore the fact that God is the only person who has the wisdom and perfect righteousness to take life as He choses. God allows evil, and then punishes those who committed the evil.

Let the ungodly do evil. Let Christians follow the teachings of Jesus Christ.
    You present it as an "either...or" situation. "Either allow torture, or innocent people die". I don't believe it.

We should never "do evil" so that "good will come". The ends do not justify the means.

9. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with it just fine... we've been blessed with the best special ops forces in the world and those guys are tracking him down. :thumbs:

10. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Concerning the old testament... no, there were more than enough times where violence was committed and it specifically said that it pleased God. If anything, they were rewarded, not punished. So I'll ask again, is the old testament null and void now? Did God change his mind?

11. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would politely ask him to tell the location, how many men are holding them, how they are armed, what configuration they're holding them in.

If he did not answer, I would shoot him in the foot and ask him again. If he did not answer, I would shoot him in the other foot and ask him again. If he does not answer, shoot him in the knee and ask him again. If he does not answer, then I shoot him in the other knee and ask him again. If he does not answer after that, I will make Jack Bauer look like a girl scout.

12. billwald

billwald New Member

Don't you want your wife to go to Jesus? Anyone disagree with "To live is Christ and to die is gain?" I'm concerned with inconsistencies in concepts.

13. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

It is obvious that liberals don't hold life precious [except perhaps their own] since they have strongly endorsed the slaughter of 50 million [that is 50,000,000] unborn children and for some, such as obama, just born children.

I believe that Scripture teaches that life is precious and that we should cherish the life that GOD gives us. That is the reason we have a medical industry.

Following the logic in your above post every Christian should immediately commit suicide. There was a nut case some years back named Jones who led several hundred people to do just that.

14. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please show me where O.T. scripture specifically says God was "pleased" with violence? I thought the O.T. said that God took no pleasure in the destruction of the wicked.

Nevertheless, Christians are not the Nation of Israel living under the Law.

The commands to Christians are pray for those who persecute, to turn the other cheek, to love and forgive just as God has loved and forgiven us.

I know it is tough. But if we are faithful, God will strengthen us to endure and enable us to live as He desires we live.

15. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A lot of things. Working for a living, for one. Earning a paycheck puts food on the table better than praying for it and doing nothing else.

16. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read the question for the op.:rolleyes:

17. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

A short passage of Scripture just as a reminder to folks.

Romans 12:9 Abhor that which is evil.

18. historyb

historyb New Member

and another word for Abhor - Hate. Hate that which is evil