1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured More Bullying

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Zaac, Sep 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you not read your own posts?

Do you not read your own posts?

You really should read your own posts.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I do indeed. Do you? I would say not if you believe I said anything about you hating anyone.

Do you not know what racism is?

Perhaps you should too before attempting to respond to them.

3. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

You keep talking about "angry white people". I have not seen any anger on here.

And if Jesus could call Pharisees "vipers", then I suppose it is okay for us to call pharisees "racist".

And I fail to see where being a pastor removes from one the obligation to be a patriot.

But as I said you are stubborn and bull-headed, in your mind you alone are right and everyone else is wrong. So, it's really a waste of time to try and reason with you. I'm done.:wavey:

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not only is he a racist but even worse he is an abortionist. He has no problem with unfettered access to the slaughter of unborn children. He is therefore evil and not worthy of respect.

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I sure have.

Then don't be surprised if the title suits several on here too.

Didn't say it did. But don't think for an instant that patriotism veils bigotry.

Oh, so that was you trying to reason with me? :laugh: There's nothing to reason with me about.

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

If he's a racist, then this board is full of racist too. And it's pathetic the way folks always pretend to care so much about the unborn while harboring such an unloving attitude for those who have already been born.

And a lot of you are for taking lives too.

That same coat can be worn by many on this board and throughout the church.

7. thisnumbersdisconnected

We tend to see what we want to see.

Whom you call a "racist" is nothing more than someone who disagrees with you about the prevalence of racism in modern society. As I said in a post last week, there is virtually no racism left in the U.S. What there is, is personal prejudice exercised by everyone, regardless of color, national origin, religion, gender, etc. Personal prejudice is natural. People express preferences, including their preference of culture. You call that racism. It isn't. The very person you may accuse of racism, because they criticize the loud expression of opinion by those of other colors and cultures, likely has many individual relationships with people of other colors and cultures, likely of the same color and culture of those they criticize. Now, you're going to accuse me of saying the equivalent of "Some of my best friends are _________", but that would be a really stupid comment. You won't have heard what I really am saying, which is this: Personal prejudices are exhibited in a person's demeanor when they speak broadly of a different culture that tends itself to exhibit strong tendencies and characteristics that the person speaking finds offensive, distasteful, or even frightening. At the very same time, that person will know people of that culture that they consider friends.

The fact is, cultures are known as "cultures" for precisely that reason: They have common personality traits, characteristics, ethics, tastes, and manifestations. In fact, the very core concept of "culture" is the maintenance of conditions suitable for growth, i.e., the way in which people -- or bacteria, for that matter -- are nurtured for the purpose of maximum development. Cultures are different for different peoples. There is nothing wrong with that. Neither is there anything wrong with being uncomfortable with a culture other than ones own while at the same time knowing and liking people that are from that very culture. Until you and the civil rights industry realize that -- and I have a feeling the leadership if that industry knows it very well and hopes no one else figures it out -- you will continue to find yourself at odds with those who live realistically, not denying their own feelings while being willing to entertain inroads to other cultures in order to better understand them. Not change them, not "homogenize" them -- understand and interact with them.

I think there is a great deal to reason with you about, but that attitude will prevent you from listening.

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And I'm sure that includes you.

Nope. Sure haven't.

I'm gonna borrow from you: We tend to see what we want to see.

Do you like to just tell folks what they were gonna say so that you can come back and say what you want?

We tend to see what we want to see.

I don't give a flying rat about the civil rights industry or about those of you who are at odds with them. That's your fight. My problem is your fight becoming the face of the church just as it is the face that's presented on this board.

Just like your attitude prevents you from only viewing your POV as realistic. :laugh:

9. thisnumbersdisconnected

I'm sure it does. This is, sadly, the only relevant point you've posted. The rest of it? Not sure why you bothered. You just disagreed, without attempting to refute.

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

There's no need for me to refute most of what folks on here say. For as you see what you want to see, you also believe what you want to believe because your de facto leaders have put a bow onit and told you so. :laugh:

11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ya know, when people post stuff just to spark a reaction -- how come we respond?

12. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

You're right- we shouldn't let them yank our chain.

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

That get the pat on the back and round of approving head nods you desired?:smilewinkgrin:

14. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think it is like driving by a car wreck. Just can't help to look. Anyway the ignore feature works real good. Mine has gotten heavy lately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.