1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

More Church issues

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by suedonny, Sep 12, 2007.

1. suedonny

suedonny New Member

Hi Im the lady who was going in for hip replacement who had the problem withthe fishing pole holder with a member of my church. Right before going in for surgery I was hit by this, now I do not have anyone who will visit me or even talk to me..Is there such a thing as a bad church or I know the pastor is nice but he has health problems now too, what can I do Im recovering from hip replacement surgery, and need some support..This incident came right before this, with this woman
    yelling about the fishing pole holder. ..because I dropped it off at his home..Am I doing something wrong.Please help..am very confused.:tonofbricks:

2. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi suedonny,
    I hope your hip is improving each day. :godisgood:

As for your question, the lack of calls and visits are not with purpose. Unfortunately, people get busy and forget to check on each other. I noticed I was doing that a few years back and made a commitment to do better.

If your pastor doesn't call and check on you in the coming days, call him and share your concerns. You're always welcome to share with us here on the BB as well. :)

#2 PJ, Sep 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2007
  3. donnA

donnA Active Member

I agree with PJ, people get so busy they forget, which is sad, but true.

4. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Some good responses here, suedonny, and you might want to check the other thread where I recently posted. Yes, unfortunately, there are "bad" churches. Perhaps this might be the way the Lord is leading one to a better one, as you do not seem to be getting adequate support. If you are not being fed and growing, you might want to look around, a bit. There are some good churches in most places, although some are obviously better than others.

And as Dover, AR, is not all that isolated, one can probably find several other churches in a few mile radius. I know, 'cause I just located it in my trusty Rand McNally. :laugh: :laugh:

You might also want to post some of your prayer needs in the Prayer forum, where the real (and most are far better at this, than I) "prayer warriors" hang out.

Ed

#4 EdSutton, Sep 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2007