1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured More edu.- less snake handlers!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Luke2427, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

A school is an institution designed for the teaching of students (or "pupils") under the direction of teachers.

Whether it is a seminary or putting yourself under the instruction of men who've written books and doing what some call "self-education" you are still being "schooled."

No. You're just tone deaf.

Yes. We do. And up north in places like Hammond, Indiana, too.

D. A. Waite is a moron. There is almost unanimous consensus on that among seminary professors.

Not even Bob JONES will have anything to do with the guy.

Yes, because it is untenable, unsupportable and ridiculous.

Let me give you another one. Atheists are far less likely to get divorced than are "Christians."

Atheists are usually people who have been put off by "Christian" morons and Christian stupidity.

The rise of Atheism in this country is a good reason our clergy need to be well educated.

I am conservative but I can tell you this. A lot of conservatives are very backwards. People who want to distance themselves from ignorance and ignorant people have hardly anywhere else to go but to liberalism.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I use it regularly because I have not seen anything better. But I am careful who steps into my pulpit.

3. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

Hey Rev, last Sunday, I had a main point and only two supporting points. My last prof. would be disappointed in me - but then again, he went charismatic...

:laugh:

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aaah...I do not see that as actually deviating from the format. I may have only two supporting points or 5 or five. But the general format is the same either way.

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

That is exactly what the Bible teaches!

salzer mtn: That is exactly what the Bible teaches!

I am not against education. My mother and father both taught back in the hills of Virginia. I taught a couple years at Virginia Tech. My wife taught in both public and private schools for many years. I have a daughter and grand daughter who teach. I had a brother who taught math in high school for several years and a sister-in-law who taught in high school until she died. I have two nieces who teach in Chattanooga. { Actually one retired last spring.} I have a niece who teaches college in Georgia and a grand nephew who teaches college in Virginia.

That being said "salzer mtn" is correct.

It is a fact that some who supposedly become educated in Scripture depart from the faith, deny Scripture, and some don't know the difference between Holy God and allah. I believe it was Bishop Pike who died in Israel hunting for the historical Jesus. And then there was the brilliant philosopher who argued the following:

6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: