1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured More on Chrislam!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Feb 29, 2012.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...or this alleged contradiction is perceived and not reality...or all involved are *gasp* imperfect humans who make mistakes!

2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey Dog...

...I know you are only doing what you see as right....,please accept, and allow the same for those of us who feel as we have stated. I still love RW; I just wouldn't sit under his teaching, and I'd not be afraid to share my concerns with others, in an unbiased manner. People need to make up their own minds, and like you, some of us don't believe as you.

That doesn't make us bad, nor does it make you bad. It makes us opinionated, and only God can change that opinion, when we get to heaven.

You are not going to change our minds, nor are we going to change yours. Let's leave it lay there and move on!

I agree that we need to befriend all, even those who hate us, but I would never be seen preaching from their pulpit (that is where I dust off the sand from my sandals and move on down the road), and sharing in their religious activities.

Playing baseball or soccer against them is one thing. Sitting down and sharing in a religious meal with the semblance of fellow shipping with them, is another! And I just wouldn't be doing that, any more than I'd be sitting through a Catholic mass. The only time I may sit through a Catholic mass is for a family funeral. I'd never attend a Mormon service either, but I have Catholic and Mormon friends. :wavey:

3. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

NO problem in having friends who are either islamic/catholic, but Big problem if accepting their theological views as being biblical though!

4. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

well some time has gone by now on this issue and it isn't dying off as many who love Rick Warren would wish. I've attached a link to a web site that shows what this Pastor Mulenberg might have taught at Saddleback. If this is proven then we all need to expose Rick Warren for promoting heresy, if not then I need to shut up as many of you wish I would. But I'm sure you all agree we need to know the truth as Warren influences thousands of pastors who in turn influence millions of believers. So this IS important.

http://www.jesusinthequran.org/blog/2009/05/04/kingdom-circles-2/

Let me know what you think!

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Wow, you are one one crusade...avatar and all!

Let me ask you...do you "love Rick Warren"?

6. SolaSaint

I love him but not what he is doing to the church. I truly feel he is the most dangerous man today to Christianity. Where there is smoke there is fire, and he hangs out with many heretical men (Schuller, McLaren, Sweet etc.) I think all Christians should be able to discern his false teachings. However many are fooled as scripture states will happen, so I cannot keep quite about this, I feel it is my duty as a follower of Christ.

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

What is he doing TO the church?
    Hyperbole. I can rattle off a half dozen men (and women) who are true threats, not perceived ones.
    ...yet the smoke continues to come from the likes of you and those seeking to destroy his ministry. The man stated EXACTLY what he believed and the anti-RW crowd STILL believes what they want while bearing false witness.
    ...which are what he is still being accused of AFTER setting the record straight?
    Well, I think someone has been fooled alright ;)

#47 webdog, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2012
  8. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

Did Jesus "love" Peter when he told him to "get thee behind me Satan?"

Did paul love peter when he adressed to his face NOT being scriptually?

think one can disapprove of what another christian teaches, ESPECIALLY if seen as being a reputable spokesperson for the faith!

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes. I wanted clarification since I am one of those he referred to as "Warren lovers" (are we not commanded to love everyone?). Also, it begs the question, is Warren doing Satan's work?

Still waiting to see what Warren has done that is not scriptural.
    That is stating the obvious.

10. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

Why does he try SO hard to bridge between christians and say Muslims/catholic, as neither of them teach the true Gospel, and have denied biblcal salvation?

Doesn't that bring credibility to them as being worshippers of the same God as Christians do?

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Why did Paul? 1 Corinthians 9:19-23

The question should be "why don't the majority of christians try at all?"

AFTER he has come out on the record refuting just that? Now we are crossing over to calling him a liar, that he doesn't believe what he says he believes.

12. SolaSaint

dog,

I must ask dog, why is Rick bringing Muslims into Saddleback? Does he tell them the Jesus is the only path to God, or does he pretend to agree with their theology? What is the purpose?

Why did Warren pair up with Schuller years ago?

Why does Warren promote books by Brian McLaren?

Why does he agree with and promote Leonard Sweet?

13. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

what does the lord have to do with the devil principle, eh?

14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I believe he answered that already in his rebuttal. The fact you have to ask leads me to believe you either didn't read it or didn't like the response.

Source and definition of "pairing up"?

Source, and how?

Source, and how?

15. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Could it be because of the same reason why Falwell did with Jim Baaker?

16. SolaSaint

Warren answered in his rebuttal to the OC Register report but his actions and words are not matching what others at Saddleback and Muslims are saying. It appears Warren is being dishonest.

Here are your links:

http://www.crystalcathedral.org/about/purpose.php

http://watcherslamp.blogspot.com/2010/03/rick-warren-and-bill-hybels-promotes.html ( I should have said Dan Kimble, but it is about the same thing)

http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/Church/post-modern/leonard-sweet.htm

Warren really hangs with some questionable men. I have to ask, would you study under Schuller or McLaren? I hope not. If you closely look at the PD stuff it has drawn a lot from these men. Warren is worst at twisting scripture to fit his agenda. He will use several different bible translations in one passage to push his agenda. This is how I discovered his deception.

Dog, I really don't dislike Warren and I even was under his PD materials for a long time. I really believe he thinks he's doing the right thing. I think he wants to reach as many as possible, but when he has to compromise scripture as he has obviously done, it is wrong. He may be the nicest guy on the planet but it doesn't mean he's correct.

God bless

17. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Hardly anyone knows RW and what he stands for. The worst person in society is the person who lives like a practical atheist.

18. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

What was the reason? I never cared for either one.

19. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I am not sure exactly.

20. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

Wonder how our brother webdog feels about us "haters" now?