1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

More resources for Debunking Da Vinci

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Plain Old Bill, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I look for the "Same Ole Same Oh!" out of most Christians concerning the Di Vinci code

They'll "Hoo-La-La" over it---churches will see a vision to "evangelize" with it as a tool---to create these phantom baptisms and the like---just like with the Passion and with Narnia.

3. Plain Old Bill

That would be a false prmise.

4. Plain Old Bill

Sheck out this site,

5. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

6. Plain Old Bill

Thanks Bible-Boy..another good site.

7. jshurley04

jshurley04 New Member

It's a work of fiction just like Narnia and Passion. The only difference is that it is not based on Biblical events/truths. It is a work of ficttion based on fiction useing an anti Bible idea. Let it go and it will fade like everything else. If we make a big deal out of the movie or the book then we bring it credibility as if we have to defend something. Let it go.

8. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Ignoring it will not help -- the paperback edition is out now -- do you know this book is one of the most successful of all time? The reason it's popular is not that because it's that good -- the plot is fast-moving but you can find that in a lot of books. The writing is pretty mediocre. All in all, as a book, it's about a 3 or 4 on a scale of 1 to 10.

The reason it's so popular is that it revives a lot of beliefs that were enemies of the early church (Gnosticism) and brings in new enemies as well (goddess spirituality). It's a book that has already influenced people and has opened the door for more books along the same lines. Now with the Gospel of Judas being presented (several major papers had articles on this the other day and it was featured on at least 3 major TV shows this week), what I think we are seeing is an escalated attack and we know who's behind that.

Christians are not supposed to sit around and ignore huge influxes of falsehood about their faith - we are told to contend for the faith. I think ignoring this book would only give the impression we can't answer the attacks, that we are ignorant of the issues, or that we are afraid.

9. David Singleton

David Singleton New Member

people are gullible, all are searching for something. And most are willing to accept anything but the truth.

There isn't an ounce of truth in the DaVinci Code, it is simple fiction written upon fiction written upon fantasy. And like everything else the more noise christians make regarding the work, the more idiots will be drawn to it. When the subject comes up I like to hand people a Gospel of John and say "You think the DaVinci code is something, try this!"

10. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

The front page of the book states that all documents, rituals, and works of art described in the book are authentic (I'm going by memory but this is more or less the wording -- my copy is in the car). This, plus the fact that one of the main characters who gives out tidbits of "historical facts" is a historian, all give a deceptive coating of fact and truth to the story.

Even if the "facts" are not true and it is a work of fiction, what is true is the fact that the ideologies expressed in the book do exist today and are attacks on Christ and the church.

11. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

This is to back up what I said in the previous post.

12. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Total fiction, just like "Left Behind".