Morgan vs. Warren

Discussion in 'News / Current Events' started by mont974x4, Dec 27, 2012.

1. mont974x4

Expand Collapse

Jan 6, 2012
    Typically I am no fan of Rick Warren, however I must give him credit on this occasion. There are enough threads to discuss the problems many of us have with Warren, please do not derail this one.

“It’s flawed,” Morgan said during an interview with evangelical pastor and author Rick Warren. “Both the Bible and the Constitution were well-intentioned, but they are basically, inherently flawed – hence the need to amend it.

“I do not believe the Bible is flawed,” Warren said. “What I believe is flawed is human opinion because it constantly changes.”

The British-born talk show host held his ground during a lengthy conversation about the Bible and gay rights.

“But you and I know the Bible is, in many places a flawed document,” Morgan said – a point of disagreement with Pastor Warren.

“My point to you about gay rights for example – it’s time for an amendment to the Bible,” Morgan told Warren. “You should compile a new Bible.”

“Not a chance,” Warren replied. “I willingly admit, willingly admit that I base my worldview on the Bible which I believe is true. And my definition of truth is – if it’s new it’s not true. If it was true a thousand years ago, it’ll be true a thousand years from today. Opinion changes but truth doesn’t.”
  2. righteousdude2

Expand Collapse

Oct 14, 2007

A huge: A M E N ! ! !