1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mormon Message Board

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by JRG39402, Jan 11, 2007.

1. JRG39402

JRG39402 New Member

If any of you know anything about Mormons and are a lvoing person, please join in the discussion at
    There aren't enough loving Baptists represented.
    [Let's not advertise the websites of cults on the Baptist Board]

#1 JRG39402, Jan 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2007
  2. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Ask them to compair Alma 7:10 to Micah 5:2

And dont take "close enough for an answer"

3. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Glad I Read this 1st

DHK....just my opinion ....BUT...I'm not for "advertizing" for the cults either...HOWEVER, I'm glad I got to this post before you censored that web address simply because I have a Mormon brother and sister-in-law and although I do not plan to spend extensive time on that site I did flag it and go take a look because I think it might not be a bad idea to see a little of how those people think. They use the Word of God deceitfully and even though they do use much of the same terminology we do ,it means something entirely different to them. A fully prepared soldier is wise to know the tactics of the enemy. What better way of finding it out than looking in on their discussions. Methinks I am a SPY. Who knows...I may log on there and start a discussion on the cleansing Blood of the True Saviour, The Living Son of God,The Lord Jesus Christ. Hummmmm...I bet they might just censor me....ya think?:saint:

Greg Perry Sr.:thumbsup:

4. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Just be careful Brother Perry

My caution to the readers of this post!!

What does the Bible say???

Satan maskarades around in deceit----able even to deceive the "very Elect"---be watchful of the wolf in sheeps clothing dressed in the righteousness of mormanism. Be careful of the starlite "twinkle" of any morman web site---chances are its Satan transformed into Angel of Light!!

And also remember that the spirit indeed is willing but the flesh is weak----as good intention as you may have----the flesh will be frightfully suseptable to what is in the open on that web page

My caution to all readers of this post

5. Gregory Perry Sr.

Well Put Blackbird

Your caution is duly noted and well-taken. That said....and I say this HUMBLY,"I know whom I have believed,and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day"(2 Tim.1:12b) I live and survive because of the grace and mercy of God and because of the truth of the Word of God. There is no mormon cultist alive that has that. They must be born again. Mormons are not our enemy...their father satan is.Unless the Holy Spirit opens their eyes (as He did ours...thank God) they will die lost and go to a burning,firey place called Hell. Yes,the flesh is weak...and we must be careful not to give in to it's weaknesses. If we are surrendered to the Lord and being lead by the Holy Spirit,He will make us able to discern between good and evil,truth and error,and the things of the Spirit as opposed to the things of the flesh. But yes.....I agree we should always be careful when we ENGAGE in the battle.

Greg Perry Sr.:saint:

6. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

See, we need more people like Mr. Perry to feel likewise for Mormons, Cathloics, Jehovas Witnesses, etc.

7. Allan

Allan Active Member

In truth and sadly the fact of the matter is that you are going to a message board where they axiously awaiting those who disagree with them. Most there are preparred and ready to the give THIER defence and persuade you. They are not interested in nor care what you really believe. They are their to cause you to question and seek their understanding of scripture.

The truth is that you wont convert anyone there under the scrutiny of other mormons. So you are already playing against a stacked deck. While you may give 'some' truth to a person perusing the only real difference you or I will ever make in their understanding is bylive interaction as they SEE Christ played out.

I'm not against going there but...you wont start a Christian revival on a morman message board especially when they are there to purposely cast shadows and twist scriptures against the true Jesus and His Gospel.

I talk to mormons every chance I get, and I really do love it when they come knocking on my door. (and JWs too) I pull out all the stops (beverage, snacks, the book of Mormon (or JWs bible) on the table along side my Bible and a comforatle place to sit) When they leave I encourage them to bring their Elders, Bishops or even ministers back with them next time. But I do it NOT to look for arguments but to share the Gospel of Jesus with them. It is also why they have banned their members from speaking with me in 2 states. A message board is set up to be a multiperson debate in the most impersonal way there is. You can not even know HOW they are saying what they are saying and is why there are many misunderstandings here.

Anyhoo... that is my nickle's worth. *clink*

#7 Allan, Jan 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2007
  8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Some time ago, when we allowed Catholics to post in the Other Religions forum, a zealous 19 year old fundamental Baptist thought that he knew his Bible better than any one else and would take these Catholics head-on. Many of them were apologists, trained Catholic evangelists. They gave links to Catholic web-sites specifically designed to answer objections of fundamentalists. He read them, and began to read extensively all the Catholic literature that they threw at him. Today this young man is a Catholic. They used our board for the purpose of proseletyzation (sp?). From then on we decided not to have any Catholics that propagated their faith, nor any links to any sites that propagated their faith that was against orthodox Christianity. This is a Baptist Board.

I am sure that if anyone wants to go to any discussion board whether it would be Islamic, Mormon, J.W., Catholic, or otherwise, a simple Google-search would provide the means of getting there.

9. Gregory Perry Sr.

Point Humbly Taken

DHK.....I do see the validity of your point. As for our over-zealous "brother",well...God is in control and if he was truly born-again then he'll be back or he'll have his "ticket punched" for an early trip home under the chastening hand of a loving Father. I personally feel that many of these people who "turn apostate" as this one did or turn from the truth were never truly possessors of real Biblical saving faith to begin with. Even at my worst,when I fell out of fellowship with the Lord, I could never escape from the truth and I never quit believing the truth that had been revealed to me (Thank God)....but yeah.....I can see your point. I did pull up that site and take a look. Total confusion and utter blindness as far as the eye can see. Very sad....and VERY dark. Satan truly is a master at blinding the minds of them that believe not. I'm NOT a good apologist nor a good debater so it probably wouldn't be a good idea for me to engage in any discussions there. My gift is passing out tracts and literature. I'm not very good at confrontational evangelism ( I envy those that are...I have a difficult time handling objections) and that is my weakness it seems. Guess I'll just stay here on the Baptist Board.

Greg Perry Sr.

10. Raindrop

Raindrop New Member

Thanks for removing the link. We really don't need temptations like that about the place. Prayer is the most valuable thing when we have loved ones caught in cults and false religions. That's what my grandmother did for me.