1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured "Morning After Pill" to be available to all OTC

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Magnetic Poles, Apr 5, 2013.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I laugh that certain public schools in NYC were set up to give out free morning after pills to any students regardless of age - yet they can't drink a 20 oz. Coke because it's bad for them. :BangHead:

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I have noticed a pattern lately concerning abortion issues and birth control issues on this board. One example is in the thread about President Ford's religion. Two of our liberal Protestant and Cathlolic friends have attempted to blur the lines between abortion and birth control for Baptists. In the RCC, both abortion and birth control is forbidden. In the Baptist faith, birth control is not forbidden. Why? Because there is no Scriptural basis for forbidding it Genesis 38:9 is not a proof text against birth control. It is an isolated situation at an isolated point in time. The verse does not make a doctrinal statement.

We as Baptists follow Scripture, not Catholic mumbo jumbo. There is a distinct line between abortion and birth control. Abortion is murder. Birth control is neither good nor evil. It is aspiritual.

For all of the theology the RCC has developed, their scholars are not very bright by coming up with ideas like this and the hundreds of others that are contrary to the Inspired Word.

In fact, I can think of a lot of RCC leaders from their past history that I wish their parents had used birth control.

3. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Evidence? Even if it does (which is debatable - the world has changed in the last 50+ years; if what you're saying is true then there wouldn't be so many unwanted pregnancies which wind up at the abortion clinics) is this a gamble with the lives of the unborn which you're willing to take? I know I'm not.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know Mat, you are right - there are so many unwanted children. - I say it should be legal to abort children up till 90 days after birth!!!!

5. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Abortion would be illegal from conception if I had my way. But it isn't and chances are it won't be in my time. So I'm looking for other ways to try to reduce its incidence.

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If something kills a fertilized egg it is an abortion. Period. And quite frankly the idea that abortion will never be made illegal is just a liberal excuse. Here in this side of the pond we have made great strides against abortion. And continue to do so.

7. Matt Black

Site Supporter

'Liberal excuse'???!! Realism, more like it. I think regrettably that the best we can hope for is to make it less legal and do our best to win hearts and minds in the meantime through the Gospel.

8. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Emphasis Added:

Think about it folks.

Killing fertilized eggs and/or distrupting the nest of a bird is subject to severe penality. Yet, the life of a human being has no value to those who seem to value only a part of God's Creation.

9. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Fallacious argument. Nobody is talking about human life. The bird protection is because we need more of the endangered species, and those eggs could become such birds. Not that they are already birds. Ever seen an egg fly on its own?

10. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Eggs are potential birds. :thumbsup:

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

There seems to be confusion in this thread over the difference between abortion and birth control. There is a distinct line, both physically and spiritually.

12. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Where is it written in the scriptures that we need more of endangered species? What was man's responsibility towards saving the untold number of species that have gone extinct since creation? Over the centuries how many have gone extinct without man even being aware of their existance? Are we "playing God" when we set out to interfere with His natural order?

We are indeed talking about human life!

The term "fertilized egg" means that a sperm and ova have combined to produce a human being or an eagle.

This thread is about either preventing that union or destroying the results of that union.

Law states that to destroy the results of a union of eagles will result in massive fines and possibly prison time. Thus high value is placed on a bird's "fertilized egg" during incubation. Thou shalt not prevent this egg from maturing to full term and hatching.

Law approves the destruction of the results of a union of human beings. Thus, no value is placed on a human's "fertilized egg" during incubation. Thou shall have the right to prevent this egg from maturing to full term and emerging from its enclosure.

Life begins at conception, whether man or beast. Are we "playing God" when we interfere with His natural order?