1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Morris Chapman to Retire

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Tom Butler, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

2. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Two agencies with retiring presidents and one without a president...the winds of change are moving mightily in our beloved convention. :)

May God be glorified. :D

3. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And may He protect us from ourselves.

I've never seen the Black helicopters and think Oswald acted alone, but I also don't believe in this many coincidences.

4. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I agree! Dr. Chapman made a fool of himself at the convention this year. His gracious retirement is a mark of the good leadership of the SBC. He needs to go.

Honestly I can't fathom why we need the Executive Committee. I would hope the SBC would seriously consider doing away with the Executive Committee and getting us back to our local church roots. It is a multi-million dollar a year boondoggle in Nashville. We are a denomination of autonomous churches acting cooperatively for missions. Period. We don't need an oligarchy watching over us.

I would love to see a petition started to do away with the Executive Committee and use their budget to pay missionaries, start churches, and spread the Gospel. :)